- Job ID 1905036165
- Date posted 09/13/2019
- Facility Tenet Headquarters
Tenet Healthcare is looking for a Meteorologist to join our team. The responsibilities for this role are to monitor current weather situations and formulating region specific forecasts. This role will also be part of the overall Executive support team.
The successful candidate must have a passion for severe weather and the ability to sustain superior analysis of weather trends and potential weather disasters throughout the country. This person understands the weather conversation and the Corporate audience and how to engage and relate to Executive Leadership Team. We are looking for a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to reporting in the field. This person will be an integral part of severe weather coverage, and reaching our various facilities to prepare for natural disasters. The ideal candidate embraces a corporate and fast-paced environment and is willing to explore new ways to present the weather story. This candidate should also believe in all aspects of community involvement including, but not limited to, speaking at schools and other community functions.
- Produces and presents weather reports for all our digital platforms to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
- Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and communication quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Partners effectively with the Corporate Communications Team to deliver stories that are relatable to all audiences in the corporate office and our hospitals.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Works closely and partners with the local weather channels and anchors to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
Up to 30% travel - As travel is required, we will run a MVR on the final candidate.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- AMS - Seal of Approval
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum five years of experience in weather reporting or anchoring.
- Superior on-air presence that translates to an Executive presence in a corporate environment
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Strong understanding of the field of meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- Ability to travel up to 30%, especially to any disaster areas for coverage
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.