Search Open Positions
Patient Account Lead Representative - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for providing assistance, coaching and training to staff members, including new hires. They support and assist the Team, the Supervisor and Management with complex inventory and issue resolution. Responsible for all aspects of the billing, follow up and collection activity for payers that are Supplemental to Medicare. May maintain a large dollar inventory desk or complex accounts as well as serve as just-in-time staffing, working inventory for team members that may be absent or backlogged. May assist in special projects as assigned my management, including acting as a point of contact for internal operational questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of insurance follow up and collections, including making telephone calls, accessing payer websites. May maintain a large dollar inventory desk as well as serve as just-in-time staffing, working inventory for team members that may be absent or backlogged. Effectively resolve complex or aged inventory, including payment research, payment recoups with minimal or no assistance necessary. Accurately and thoroughly document the pertinent collection activity performed. Review the account information and necessary system applications to determine the next appropriate work activity. Verify claims adjudication utilizing appropriate resources and applications. Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed. Perform appropriate billing functions, including manual re-bills as well as electronic submission to payers. Edit claims to meet and satisfy billing compliance guidelines for electronic submission. Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory. Proactively identify issues or trending and provide suggestions for resolution.
- Provide assistance, coaching and training to staff members, including new hires. Provide enhanced training and assist staff with techniques to increase production, quality and collections. Participate in the new hire peer interviewing process. Assist in special projects assigned by management.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge. Attend various conference calls, webinars or advanced training to provide assistance to the team members. Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff, management and the client. Effectively communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues as well as develop solutions.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (specify Revenue/Budget/Expense): $2.5 million R&D Budget
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced technical skills including PC and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of UB-04 and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation
- Advanced knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes
- Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 3-6 years experience in Medical/Hospital Insurance related collections
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office/Team Work Environment
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2305018593 Date posted: 03/23/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Patient Account Representative-REMOTE Job ID: 2305018449 Date posted: 03/29/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Financial Reporting and Systems Manager - Remote Job ID: 2305018767 Date posted: 03/23/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet