Search Open Positions
Patient Account Supervisor - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and leadership of the Patient Account Representatives; both on-site and telecommuters. Directly responsible for the interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling and monitoring of staff as well as all aspects of A/R Management and Performance Management. Attend meetings and respond timely to all requests, including completion of accounts referred to the Supervisory Desk. Identify performance deficiencies and opportunities and implement action plans as appropriate. Effectively maintain a work environment which promotes communication to stimulate the morale, engagement and growth of subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day supervision and leadership of Patient Account Representatives, including but not limited to the Performance Management metrics of collections, productivity, quality and aging. Interview candidates and make hiring recommendations and decisions. Complete monthly quality evaluations. Monitor staff scheduling and adherence to time and attendance protocol. Responsible for all aspects of A/R Management, including but not limited to maintaining workload balance, ensuring maximum efficiency, eliminating rework, and reducing cost. Promptly identify issues and develop action plans to mitigate or resolve.
- Train, develop, motivate and assist subordinates in reaching new levels of skills, knowledge and attitude. Effectively maintain a work environment which stimulates and motivates the morale, engagement and growth of subordinates. Identify performance deficiencies and opportunities and implement action plans as needed.
- Review and respond timely to requests, including emails, telephone calls, issues, account research and resolution as needed by staff, management and clients. Timely completion of accounts referred to the Supervisory Desk by staff or management.
- Effectively communicate and interact with subordinates, management and clients. Conduct, attend and participate in meetings, conference calls and training sessions, including Management Meetings, Team Meetings, as well as one-on-one monthly meetings with subordinates to provide consistent performance feedback. Complete the mid-year and year end Performance Management review.
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- No. Direct Reports (incl. titles): Patient Acct Reps, Sr Patient Acct Reps, Lead Patient Acct Reps
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills, including PC and MS Office Suite knowledge
- Proficient in building a strong team to meet performance goals
- Effectively manages multiple tasks
- Displays sound judgment and reasoning abilities
- Creative and innovate thinking
- Achieves results with accuracy and precision
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare A/R
- Excellent working knowledge of Patient Financial Services operations with specific focus on Inpatient and Outpatient Managed Care and Commercial payors (i.e., Medicare regulations and compliance; HIPAA)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Advanced writing skills
- Ability to provide advanced customer service
- Ability to train and coach staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High School diploma and/or equivalent education
- 4-7 years experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of UB-04, EOB interpretation, CPT and ICD-9 codes.
- Supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office/Team Work Environment
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2305018593 Date posted: 03/23/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Patient Account Representative-REMOTE Job ID: 2305018449 Date posted: 03/29/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Financial Reporting and Systems Manager - Remote Job ID: 2305018767 Date posted: 03/23/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet