Regional Corporate Coding Manager (Remote based in US)
The Regional Corporate Coding Manager functions under the direction of the Director of Corporate Coding. Provides regional coding management oversight of coding operations for multiple Tenet Hospitals/Markets. Responsible for mentoring Corporate Coding Supervisors or Leads, Coders, DNFC Specialists, and Coding Coordinators in their roles and perform coding education and training orientation in collaboration with the Director of Coding. Performs coding quality reviews and tracks, trends, and manages coding quality performance to Tenet standard. In addition, the Regional Corporate Coding Manager ensures all facilities are properly staffed and productive in order to meet and sustain Tenet DNFC goal. Position will support Tenet corporate located in Texas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs coding quality reviews and tracks, trends, and manages coding quality performance to Tenet standard.
- Responsible for the scheduling of Coders, DNFC Specialists, Leads, and Coding Coordinators to ensure metrics for coder productivity and DNFC are met.
- Responsible for ensuring coding team meets and maintains the Tenet standard for coding quality. Provides performance management/corrective action for productivity and quality to all direct reports.
- Responsible for mentoring Corporate Coding Supervisors or Leads, Coders, DNFC Specialists, and Coding Coordinators in their roles and perform coding education and training orientation in collaboration with the Director of Coding.
- Attends facility DNFC/B meetings and reports on DNFC performance. Accountable for DNFC performance, reporting, and follow-up to leadership.
- Associates Degree in Health Information Management or associated healthcare field of study.
- Minimum of four years of inpatient coding experience.
- One year of coding leadership experience.
- RHIT and/or CCS credential.
- Thorough knowledge of ICD- 10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding principles associated with Official Coding Guidelines and regulatory requirements. Working knowledge of disease processes, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, and knowledge of DRG classification and reimbursement structure.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with encoders and computerized abstracting systems.
- Coding proficiency demonstrated by successful completion of Tenet coding exercise.
- Organizational skills for initiation and maintenance of efficient workflow.
- Capacity to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or associated healthcare field of study.
- Five or more years of inpatient coding experience.
- Five or more years of directly leading large coding teams in a complex health system.
- RHIA and CCS
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.2305025307
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities