Senior Corporate Counsel / Associate Counsel, Operations, USPI - Dallas, TX or Nashville, TN
The Senior Corporate Counsel / Associate Counsel, Operations has responsibility for providing legal advice on a wide variety of matters related to Operations. Key responsibilities include, without limitation, review, and analysis of all arrangements between USPI facilities and other parties on compliance for Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, EMTALA, HIPAA, antitrust laws, and any other regulatory requirements applicable to such arrangements, contracting and clinical research. The Senior Corporate Counsel / Associate Counsel may be required to give training presentations to hospital personnel from time-to-time on legal issues that pertain to Operations.
Some specific duties include the following:
- Structure and review facility operations arrangements to comply with applicable laws.
- Review and negotiate contractual arrangements, including with service providers and clinical research agreements.
- Provide education and support on facility regulatory matters, including medical staff issues, adherence to company policy, and alignment with company strategy and core values.
- Coordinate and collaborate with others in the Tenet Law Department to obtain input and approval of facility operations arrangements, provide company-wide advice in areas of individual specialty and develop policies and practices to facilitate the highest levels of legal and ethical performance.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES, AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of three years of experience in health care law is required. Solid experience in a healthcare operations law practice, as well as a working knowledge of health care regulations, are required. This includes experience in health care-related drafting and transactional matters. Prior large law firm experience is highly preferred.
Additionally, the successful lawyer must be self-motivated, organized, a team player, and work well in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. The lawyer filling this position must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the company, including senior corporate executives and outside counsel. This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
Professional and Personal Attributes
- Ability to work independently, as well as function effectively within a team framework.
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills are necessary.
- Must be extremely responsive to a high volume of diverse requests.
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail, and initiative are essential for success in this role.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to execute on the plan, deliver results and manage external legal costs.
- A self-motivated, organized team player who works well in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. An individual who is cooperative encourages collaboration and builds understanding; who easily gains trust and support of superiors and colleagues; who can find common ground and solve problems; and who owns his or her projects and commitments.
- This individual must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely responsive to all constituents. He/she should also have the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside counsel. This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
- An individual of the highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, medical staff, and the Board.
Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School is required and fully qualified to practice in the State of Texas.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities