Senior Counsel, Corporate Securities, Dallas, Texas
Job ID: 2105013886 Date Posted: 04/16/2021 Facility: Tenet Executive Search
- Mid-Senior level
- No Travel
What makes a successful Senior Counsel, Corporate Securities, Dallas, Texas at our location? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“Our physicians, specialists, surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals are highly skilled and dedicated to providing the best possible medical care. We advance health through the continuous pursuit of evidence-based, coordinated care. Our goal is to be your trusted and lifelong partner for health and wellness services.”-Frank Molinaro, Chief Executive Officer at Abrazo Health
Paid Time Off
Stock Purchase Program
Life and Disability Insurance
Tenet is seeking a senior counsel to assist with general corporate transactional, securities and governance matters. This position reports to the Vice President, Assistant General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary and works closely with senior members of management and the legal department. The Senior Counsel, Corporate Securities is responsible for providing legal advice and support in connection with a broad range of projects applicable to a large and active public company, including:
- Securities: Assist with drafting and reviewing the proxy statement, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and other securities filings; interact with NYSE.
- Board of Directors and Governance: Assist with board and committee meetings as well as the preparation of board and committee meeting materials, particularly those focused on corporate governance or executive compensation topics. The role may also include governance work in a complex corporate structure.
- M&A: Draft, review and negotiate transaction documents for potential acquisitions, JVs, divestitures or other M&A deals; manage diligence, schedules and closings.
- Finance: Assist with debt offerings, tender offers, restructurings, credit facilities and covenant compliance and analysis.
- Contracts: Participate in occasional work relating to significant corporate contracts, such as Tenet’s group purchasing organization or sourcing agreements, treasury documents, or major operations contracts.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates must possess a minimum of five years’ experience in a law firm or in-house setting, with preference given to candidates who have recently worked in a major law firm. No prior healthcare regulatory experience is required.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function effectively, within a team framework.
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills are necessary.
- Must be extremely responsive to a high volume of diverse requests.
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative are essential for success in this role.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to execute on plan, deliver results and manage external legal costs.
- A self-motivated, organized team player who works well in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. An individual who is cooperative, encourages collaboration and builds understanding; who easily gains trust and support of superiors and colleagues; who can find common ground and solve problems, and who owns his or her projects and commitments.
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations. Astute interpersonal, public relations and negotiating skills.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
- This individual must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely responsive to all constituents. He/she should also have the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside counsel. This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School is required and fully qualified to practice in the applicable jurisdication.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by an annual performance bonus, long-term incentives and a comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.