Senior Counsel, Hospital Operations, Dallas, Texas Corporate Office
- Job ID 2005027737
- Date posted 08/20/2020
- Facility Tenet Executive Search
The Senior Counsel, Hospital Operations has responsibility for providing legal advice on a wide variety of matters related to Hospital Operations. Key responsibilities include, without limitation, creation, review and analysis of all arrangements between hospitals and other parties on compliance for Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, EMTALA, HIPAA, antitrust laws, and any other regulatory requirements applicable to such arrangements. The Senior Counsel will also give training presentations to hospital personnel from time-to-time on legal issues that pertain to Hospital Operations.
Some specific duties include the following:
- Structure and review hospital operations contractual and operational arrangements to comply with applicable laws.
- Provide education and support on regulatory matters, including medical staff issues, adherence to company policy, and alignment with company strategy and core values.
- Coordinate and collaborate with others in the Tenet Law Department and other Tenet Home Office Departments to obtain input and approval of hospital operations arrangements, provide company-wide advice in areas of individual specialty and develop policies and practices to facilitate the highest levels of legal and ethical performance.
- Direct contract administrators supporting the assigned facilities;
- Other duties as assigned.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of five years of experience in health care law is required. Solid experience in a hospital operations law practice, as well as a working knowledge of health care regulations, are required. This includes experience in health care-related drafting and transactional matters. Prior large law firm experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function effectively, within a team framework.
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills are necessary.
- Must be extremely responsive to a high volume of diverse requests.
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative are essential for success in this role.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to execute on plan, deliver results and manage external legal costs.
- A self-motivated, organized team player who works well in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. An individual who is cooperative, encourages collaboration and builds understanding; who easily gains trust and support of superiors and colleagues; who can find common ground and solve problems, and who owns his or her projects and commitments.
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations. Astute interpersonal, public relations and negotiating skills.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
- This individual must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely responsive to all constituents.
- He/she should also have the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside counsel. This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School is required and fully qualified to practice in the State of Texas.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.