Senior Counsel, Managed Care - Dallas, TX or Nashville, TN
This position offers significant responsibility, exposure and variety for a candidate with senior level experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple members of Tenet's legal, managed care and senior management teams, as well as outside counsel.
Additionally, the individual must be able to communicate well with the other team members, ask good questions, collaborate with various internal stakeholders and, at times, work independently. The individual must alsobe willing to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
Specific requirements include the following:
- A minimum of five years of experience in complex managed care litigation and arbitration management in a leading managed care company or an integrated healthcare delivery system (either for-profit or not-for-profit).
- Prior experience as an associate or partner of a national healthcare law firm is preferred.
- Understanding and familiarity with complex managed care contracts and managed care payment processes.
- Familiarity with the regulatory framework of health plans, including a working knowledge of insurance laws impacting plans in multiple states.
- Familiarity with statutory and regulatory compliance issues arising under the Affordable Care Act, including issues regarding medical loss ratios (MLRs), Essential Health Benefits, internal and external claims review, provider non-discrimination and health insurance exchanges.
- General familiarity with other healthcare regulations, including HIPAA (privacy, security, and standard transactions); Medicare secondary payor; Anti-kickback and anti-inducement and the False Claims Act.
- Demonstrated research, analytical, organizational and computer skills.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is seeking to hire an experienced lawyer with a background in managed care/healthcare law and extensive contract negotiation skills to provide legal advice to the Company’s Managed Care team in connection with payer relations contract negotiations and contract disputes.
The core job functions include the following:
- Comprehension of and contribution to the managed care legal strategy.
- Familiarity with complex managed care contracts.
- Advising on regulatory matters as they relate to managed care contracts and related activities.
- Managing managed care arbitration and litigation matters.
- Assisting in the oversight of the administration of managed care contracts and disputes.
Professional and Personal Attributes
- Must have strong communication skills, be extremely responsive and possess meticulous attention to detail and initiative.
- Must be capable of negotiating and drafting in a high-energy paced team environment.
- Must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to brief individuals at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside counsel, on complex contracting issues.
- This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School is required and fully qualified to practice in the State of Texas or Tennessee.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Travel and Remote Work
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Dallas, TX or our regional office in Nashville, TN. Ability to work from home 2 days per week. Minimal travel is required.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities