Senior Counsel, Real Estate, Nashville, Tennessee or Dallas, Texas
Job ID: 2105013831 Date Posted: 04/16/2021 Facility: Tenet Executive Search
- Mid-Senior level
- No Travel
What makes a successful Senior Counsel, Real Estate, Nashville, Tennessee or Dallas, Texas at our location? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“Our physicians, specialists, surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals are highly skilled and dedicated to providing the best possible medical care. We advance health through the continuous pursuit of evidence-based, coordinated care. Our goal is to be your trusted and lifelong partner for health and wellness services.”-Frank Molinaro, Chief Executive Officer at Abrazo Health
Paid Time Off
Stock Purchase Program
Life and Disability Insurance
Over the past several years, Tenet has continued to evolve its business and transform the future of care delivery through a unique combination of complementary and connected businesses. In connection with these efforts and Tenet’s integration of its subsidiaries, Tenet has restructured the real estate department to expand its role enterprise wide, which will require additional real estate legal support.
Tenet is seeking a real estate attorney with healthcare experience to serve in the role of Senior Counsel within the Tenet Law Department. The person filling this position would provide support to the Senior Managing Counsel managing real estate, work directly with the Vice President of Real Estate and interact regularly with senior level management and market hospital administrators regarding strategic matters and implementation of those strategies. Day-to-day matters would range from simple items (e.g. responding to requests for estoppels, SNDAs and easements) to more complex matters such as the drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, construction contracts, management agreements, space and ground leases, development agreements, recognition agreements and assisting in the purchase and sale of material assets for the company.
Significant experience counseling healthcare clients is highly desirable. This position reports to the Senior Managing Counsel within the Tenet Law Department, under the oversight of the Tenet General Counsel.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates must possess a minimum of five to seven years’ experience in real estate with some of that time involving experience in the healthcare industry.
Candidates with large health system experience would be viewed favorably.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take on multiple responsibilities while prioritizing competing projects is an essential characteristic.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function effectively, within a team framework.
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills are necessary.
- Must be extremely responsive to a high volume of diverse requests.
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative are essential for success in this role.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to execute on plan, deliver results and manage external legal costs.
- A self-motivated, organized team player who works well in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. An individual who is cooperative, encourages collaboration and builds understanding; who easily gains trust and support of superiors and colleagues; who can find common ground and solve problems, and who owns his or her projects and commitments.
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations. Astute interpersonal, public relations and negotiating skills.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
- This individual must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely responsive to all constituents. He/she should also have the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside counsel. This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School is required and fully qualified to practice in the applicable jurisdication.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Approximately 10 percent.