Senior Counsel, Real Estate, Nashville, Tennessee or Dallas, Texas
Over the past several years, Tenet has continued to evolve its business and transform the future of care delivery through a unique combination of complementary and connected businesses. In connection with these efforts and Tenet’s integration of its subsidiaries, Tenet has restructured the real estate department to expand its role enterprise wide, which will require additional real estate legal support.
Tenet is seeking a real estate attorney with healthcare experience to serve in the role of Senior Counsel within the Tenet Law Department. The person filling this position would provide support to the Senior Managing Counsel managing real estate, work directly with the Vice President of Real Estate and interact regularly with senior level management and market hospital administrators regarding strategic matters and implementation of those strategies. Day-to-day matters would range from simple items (e.g. responding to requests for estoppels, SNDAs and easements) to more complex matters such as the drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, construction contracts, management agreements, space and ground leases, development agreements, recognition agreements and assisting in the purchase and sale of material assets for the company.
Significant experience counseling healthcare clients is highly desirable. This position reports to the Senior Managing Counsel within the Tenet Law Department, under the oversight of the Tenet General Counsel.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates must possess a minimum of five to seven years’ experience in real estate with some of that time involving experience in the healthcare industry.
Candidates with large health system experience would be viewed favorably.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take on multiple responsibilities while prioritizing competing projects is an essential characteristic.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function effectively, within a team framework.
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills are necessary.
- Must be extremely responsive to a high volume of diverse requests.
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative are essential for success in this role.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to execute on plan, deliver results and manage external legal costs.
- A self-motivated, organized team player who works well in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. An individual who is cooperative, encourages collaboration and builds understanding; who easily gains trust and support of superiors and colleagues; who can find common ground and solve problems, and who owns his or her projects and commitments.
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations. Astute interpersonal, public relations and negotiating skills.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
- This individual must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely responsive to all constituents. He/she should also have the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside counsel. This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School is required and fully qualified to practice in the applicable jurisdication.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Approximately 10 percent.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities