Senior Director, Real Estate Enterprise Facilities Management
Reporting to the Vice President, Real Estate the Senior Director, Real Estate Enterprise Facilities Management will oversee the facilities management activities of Tenet Healthcare and its affiliates. This person will be accountable for providing strategic vision, leadership, and prioritized direction for designated architectural, maintenance and engineering projects for the enterprise. With ownership for the final capital plan, the Senior Director will oversee the overall planning, engineering and design, security, safety, care and upkeep of all physical facilities across the system. He/She will research, identify, and assess system-wide capital renewal and deferred maintenance needs, and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and designated regulatory agency(s) rules and regulations. Project direction will include master planning, budgeting, project and cash flow management. The role will be based in Dallas, TX.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develops capital budget priorities, working in partnership with the executive team to ensure collaboration and integration of capital requests with the company’s strategic plans and goals.
- Develops and executes the master plan, budgeting project development, and cash flow with regard to designated projects.
- Works alongside corporate, department and hospital senior management to ensure that the planning, programming, and presentation of the system's capital renewal needs are prioritized, and key projects are completed with the company’s broader capital agenda.
- Leads and coordinates the development of the multi-year capital plan for projects requiring exceptional resources, develops project plans, justification, and cost estimates for integration into the capital plan and presentation to the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for planning, establishing, coordinating, installing, and monitoring systems to track, report, and respond to a comprehensive system security plan.
- Oversees and ensures an effective emergency management system is in place to include all system facilities regardless of physical location.
- Represents the corporation in high-level negotiations with state, city and county officials concerning facilities oversight, real estate construction planning, zoning, jurisdictional matters, and other construction issues.
- Jointly oversees the maintenance personnel ensuring they are executing defined preventative maintenance programs through the field team.
- Develops integrated capital project priority listings, for facilities renewal and replacement, and creates facility related short-and long-term strategic plans
The successful candidate will have significant senior level facilities & project management experience, with a minimum of 10 years of experience working with a decentralized facilities team, healthcare facilities management, and large-scale complex projects. The candidate will have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering or a relevant field. A Professional Engineering designation is also preferred. CHC, CHFM, CHE, CHM or other professional health care engineering certification is considered a plus. The candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing, structuring and leading the capital planning, facilities maintenance and engineering within a complex, multi-site enterprise. The successful candidate will also have experience in strategizing, creating and implementing a multi-year, multi-billion-dollar Master Facility Plan across multiple uses.
Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to assess current assets both owned and leased and determine highest and best uses as well as creative alternatives.
- Experience with new energy efficient systems and new technology to lower energy costs.
- Strong management skills within a multifaceted and complex organization with a diverse set of perspectives.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating, customer service standards, and equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- Knowledge of construction management, project management, and all codes and regulations pertaining to construction, including management of large capital.
- Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload and successfully manage all financial activities. Strong analytical skills and demonstrated management and supervisory capabilities are required.
- A cooperative approach to problem solving with the capability of building consensus and support, working across functional lines to engage disparate resources to work together to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge on sourcing, evaluating, deploying and integrating an enterprise CMMS tool.
- Ability to develop enterprise FM standards & playbooks.
- Ability to collaborate with corporate security and emergency response teams to develop a proactive approach to asset preservation from severe weather events, or civil disruptions.
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting demands for internal resources and leverage those resources through external partnerships.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Strong communicator with polish, savvy and poise and proven Board facing experience.
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions; based on strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong service management and customer service focus.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from hospital and regional management.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
- A high-energy individual with a strong work ethic and high expectations for performance. A person who leads by example and sets strong professional and personal standards for every activity.
- A self-directed person with a strong sense of urgency; however, someone who understands the importance of collegiality, cooperation and team spirit.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities