Senior Director, Real Estate Portfolio Management, Corporate Headquarters, Dallas, TX
Reporting to the Vice President, Real Estate, the Senior Director, REAS Portfolio Management will oversee the development and administration of a non-hospital real estate portfolio that aligns with the enterprise business strategy of Tenet Healthcare and its affiliates. He/She will focus on implementing the organizations portfolio optimization program ensuring functional, operational, and financial performance of the portfolio. The Sr. Director will be responsible for ensuring that Tenet’s industry leading compliance programs are fully implemented and adhered to in all aspects of the real estate administration program. They will develop and lead a team of internal and outsourced resources focused on integrating asset management, property management, MOB facility management and transaction management to produce a highly flexible and financially performing portfolio. In support of the capital planning process he/she will lead the development of a multi-year routine and strategic portfolio investment plan to ensure the owned and controlled portfolio is able attract and retain a high-quality tenant base. He/She will develop and administer a strategic leasing program focused on ensuring functional full occupancy of the owned/controlled portfolio.
In partnership with the entire real estate team (Development, Facility Management, Project Management) and business unit operational leads the Sr. Director will develop and implement in a long-range portfolio strategy that will enable the operational needs of each business unit. This is a critical role and function as it blends both a large income and a large expense lease portfolio into an integrated and optimized platform that enables the operations of the enterprise across the country.
FUNCTIONAL EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
In conjunction with the Vice President, Real Estate, the Senior Director, REAS Portfolio Leadership will be responsible for the development and optimization of a financially performing non-hospital real estate portfolio. Key to this will be developing and leading a high performing real estate administration team that integrates internal resources and our outsourced CBRE real estate administration services. They will manage goals, objectives, and performance of the CBRE agreement and any other outsource engagements that are necessary to ensure performance of the portfolio. This nationally distributed team needs to be focused on administering a properly utilized and financially performing portfolio that supports and enables the success of the business enterprise.
Other responsibilities include the following:
- With the Vice President, Real Estate, and key stakeholders develop a strategic portfolio plan for all non-hospital real estate including owned buildings, land, master leased buildings, income leases, and the expense lease portfolio.
- Integrate business unit strategic and growth plans
- Incorporate the optimization action plans
- Define the long-range portfolio capital plans to integrate into the enterprise capital plan
- Develop a team structure that combines existing team members, new hires, our strategic partner CBRE, and other 3rd party firms to effectively administer all the non-hospital real estate.
- Further develop the innovative real estate management platform, implementing the portfolio optimization tools and processes throughout each business unit in the enterprise.
- In partnership with the Compliance and Legal teams integrate Tenet’s industry leading compliance program into all aspect of the real estate administration program.
- Ensure proper training of all stakeholders
- Integrate compliance requirements into all processes and procedures; Stark & Anti-Kick Back, FMV Analysis, Referral Source Relationships
- Ensure prudent decisions are made in the administration of the compliance program
- Develop structured real estate administration processes and procedures to enable the creation and maintenance of the optimal portfolio to serve each market. Including: Property management, Transaction management, Leasing, Asset management, Property level accounting, procurement
- Administer and operate the portfolio (income and expense) in a manner that is consistent with industry leading commercial real estate operators, both financially sustainable and profitable
- Provide leadership and support for the real estate transactions program including establishing and administering the strategic leasing program for owned and master leases assets, along with acquisitions, dispositions, ground leasing, and expenses leasing.
- Transactions team will be staffed through our CBRE alliance account
- Leverage CBRE national broker network to increase the reach of the account transactions team
- Partner with the Corporate Development team in supporting the implementation of strategic transactions for the organization, including:
- Individual MOB asset or portfolio monetization’s
- Ambulatory surgery centers, DeNovo, acquisitions, and portfolios
- Strategic Asset acquisitions – land, buildings, hospitals
- With the Vice Presidents of Real Estate, Project Management, and Facilities, develop a multi-year, system wide capital plan incorporate maintenance, infrastructure, and portfolio optimization initiative needs. Focus will include tenant improvement budgets addressing our role as both landlord (allowance) and tenant (overage). Ensure the buildings/assets are positioned as top quartile assets in each market.
- Support the Capital Allocation Committee process to ensure funding for asset investments and tenant improvement capital is secured.
- Lead the development of an updated Real Estate Administration playbooks, templates and a tool kit, introduce the program and train the use with key business unit stakeholders. Monitor adherence through real estate committee leadership
- With the Vice President, Real Estate and the Senior Director, Plant Operations develop a portfolio wide sustainability and energy management program that will reduce our consumption and operating expenses.
- Manage the necessary business plan and financial pro forma updates required.
- Participate in the quarterly real estate status meetings with Executives, Market leadership and business unit leaders.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Significant portfolio and asset management, with at least 10 to 15 years of experience working with large-scale, complex national networks that include both income and expense assets
- Significant knowledge in the administration of healthcare compliance programs with detailed knowledge of Stark & Anti Kickback, and referral source relationships
- Experience with large scale employed physician groups
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft and project software suite skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of high performing nationally distributed teams.
- Experience in strategizing, creating and implementing a multi-year strategic network plans
- Ability to assess current assets both owned and leased; and determine highest and best uses as well as creative alternatives.
- Experience with the selection and implementation of lease administration software tools and data management systems (notably Costar and Lease Harbor).
- Experience with managing the dispute resolution process with both tenants and landlords
- Strong management skills within a multifaceted and complex organization with a diverse set of perspectives.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating, customer service standards, and equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload and successfully manage all financial activities.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated management and supervisory capabilities are required.
- A cooperative approach to problem solving with the capability of building consensus and support, working across functional lines to engage disparate resources to work together to achieve desired results.
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting demands for internal resources and leverage those resources through external partnerships.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communicator with polish, savvy and poise and proven Board-facing experience.
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions; based on strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong service management and customer service focus.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from hospital and regional management.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
- A high-energy individual with a strong work ethic and high expectations for performance. A person who leads by example; and sets strong professional and personal standards for every activity.
- A self-directed person with a strong sense of urgency; however, someone who understands the importance of collegiality, cooperation and team spirit.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business or a relevant field is required. A Master’s degree in Business Administration or Law degree is preferred.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Approximately 50 percent.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities