Senior Legal Counsel, Tenet Physician Resources (TPR) - Dallas, TX
- Job ID 1805045336
- Date posted 11/19/2018
- Facility Corporate
Tenet Healthcare, the nation s leading investor owned healthcare company is seeking an experienced healthcare attorney to join the company s legal team as Senior Counsel supporting the Tenet Physician Resources (TPR) Department. Based at the corporate headquarters in Dallas, Texas, this is a unique in house professional opportunity to function as the General Counsel to an assigned portfolio of TPR markets.The position advises TPR regarding legal compliance with Stark, Anti-kickback, and various healthcare regulations impacted through physician employment, practice acquisitions and practice operations. The candidate will be responsible for Physician Employment Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Asset Purchase Agreements, and related space and equipment lease negotiation and drafting. Additionally, this person will provide legal advice regarding issues associated with operating physician practices. They will work in the Tenet Law Department as a part of the TPR team to develop and implement the physician employment process and practice operations. The position requires approximately 10% travel.
The Senior Counsel, TPR, will provide legal advice to the company s TPR executive teams on a wide variety of matters related to hospital operations including the review and analysis of all contractual arrangements/agreements between hospitals and other parties for compliance for Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, HIPAA, antitrust laws, risk management and any other regulatory requirements applicable to such arrangements.
The Senior Counsel will be responsible for:
- Structuring and reviewing physician arrangements to comply with applicable laws;
- Reviewing and negotiating contractual arrangements with vendors, including outsourcing and clinical research agreements;
- Providing education and support on regulatory matters, adherence to company policy, alignment with company strategy and core values;
- Coordinating and collaboration with others in the Tenet Law Department and Tenet Home Office Departments to obtain input and approval of TPR arrangements, provide company-wide advice in areas of individual specialty and develop policies and practices to facilitate the highest levels of legal and ethical performance;
- Collaborating as needed with hospital operations counsel, therefore, hospital operations experience is a plus;
- Providing training presentations to TPR personnel on legal issues that pertain to physician practice operations.
The successful candidate must have a strong customer service orientation, be self-motivated, organized, a team player and work well in high-energy, faced paced environment.He or she also must possess, a corporate presence, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the company, including top executives and outside counsel. Additionally, as this position will involve handling confidential matters the successful candidate must have good judgment and discretion.
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited institution
- Current license and Bar affiliation
- 5 plus years of experience in health care law, with direct experience in physician employment matters and working knowledge of federal healthcare regulations
- Prior large law firm experience is preferred, as is hospital operations/regulatory experience
- Experience in health care related contract drafting and transactional matters
- Possess research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills
- Must be able to work independently but within a team framework
- Must have strong communication skills and be extremely responsive
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, team player and work well in high-energy, faced paced environment.
Interested and qualified candidates can contact me directly ator submit your resume through this job posting.
In an effort to provide a more healthy, safe and satisfying environment to our employees, individuals to whom job offers are extended may undergo nicotine testing as a part of the pre-employment process.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.