Solution Architect, Security (Remote based in the US)
This is a senior position of significant influence reporting directly to the Senior Director of Infrastructure Services. The Solution Architect: Security role is to coordinate and develop strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining the company’s physical and logical security Infrastructure ecosystem. This role is responsible for the strategy, design and oversite of enterprise security Platforms that enforce security Policies that are established, applied, and managed by the CISO organization.
This is an opportunity to join the Tenet Infrastructure team in providing platforms that enable secure connectivity anywhere and anytime across our healthcare system. Our mission is to provide standard-but-flexible, scalable, and reliable products and services that are secure and position Tenet with a competitive business advantage.
The Solution Architect: Security will develop architectures and guidelines for the planning, design, staging, and configuration of the enterprise security Infrastructure environments. This position provides technical expertise and consultation to ensure 24x7 operational stability with continuous service enhancements. It also involves collaboration with other technical verticals within and outside of Tenet to ensure proper alignment on projects and IT deliverables.
The Solution Architect: Security role will provide expert consulting and guidance to aid the resolution of advanced and persistent issues. This role will also participate on and lead selected projects, engage external vendors, and collaborate with internal Architecture, Engineering, and Operations teams.
The security infrastructure includes: 1) physical and logical firewalls, 2) On-prem and off-prem solutions, 3) IDS/IPS, 4) WAF, 5) NAC, 6) VPN, and other Platform related security services. A successful candidate has expert knowledge and advanced skills required for selection, configuration, and troubleshooting of various security devices based on significant practical experience.
***remote based role, however, if incumbent is locally based in Dallas, TX, you are expected to come onsite as needed***
- Leads the identification, analysis, and documentation of requirements for security technologies and services. Leads and organizes the creation and documentation of security designs. Researches, develops, documents, and deploys emerging technologies and techniques. Prepares, deploys, and coordinates installation of complex implementation packages.
- Research, develop, document, and deploy emerging security infrastructure and determine proper integration into existing systems to meet customer needs.
- Create solution options that align IT services with mission, goals, and objectives with consideration of both technical, non-technical and other implication trade-offs. Follow foundational architecture best practices, adhering to standard activities and deliverables for project solutions.
- Guide the development and implementation of business solutions across multiple projects. Provide direction to technical teams during project delivery. Validate and approve design and execution proposals.
- Architect, design and implement end-to-end security solutions, using new and upcoming security technology standards and protocols.
- Provide subject-matter expertise for security across data centers, hospital, campus, clinics, cloud and other environments.
- Define architecture and standards for security platforms across the enterprise
- Determine business requirements and develop designs, solutions, support models, and proposals for solutions to address those requirements.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives
- Review and approve documentation and configurations for security platforms.
- Develop solution designs, conduct peer design reviews, and issue change requests to service suppliers while adhering to service lifecycle and technology roadmaps
- Provide tier-4 incident support and troubleshooting
- Review and approve proposed solutions and change requests.
- Develop, build, test and deliver/deploy new security services.
- Mentor other IT resources, provide formal knowledge transfers (KT) and trainings.
- Perform architecture recommendations, improvements, and contributions in all areas of security platforms
- Represent Tenet to suppliers to influence product directions to achieve desired business capabilities and results
- A minimum of 10 years’ industry experience with large-scale enterprise security environments, preferably Palo Alto, Cisco and F5
- Expert-level certification(s) or demonstrated experience.
- Expert experience integrating security with Network Access Control (NAC), preferably Cisco and/or Forescout
- Expert experience designing, deploying, and supporting extensive large-scale security environments.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing security intrusion protection systems
- Expert security analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Expert understanding of enterprise security authentication methods including 802.1x, EAP, RADIUS, etc.
- Strong understanding of security technologies and solutions.
- Experience in designing and implementing complex security architectures.
- Experience in analyzing and assessing security risks.
- Experience in developing and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining security systems.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code concepts and tools such as Git, Ansible automation and orchestration, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Extensive experience with various technologies, concepts. and challenges including Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), Zero Trust, Access Policy Managers (APM), Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation techniques
- Experience in providing security training to employees.
- Extensive experience with security packet captures and analysis
- Extensive understanding of switch and VLAN configurations
- Extensive understanding IP networking fundamentals and ability to work with LAN network engineers
- Experience working with LAN, WLAN or WAN Infrastructure design, maintenance, or implementation
- Documentation experience (creation and maintenance). Experience with Word, Visio, and PowerPoint creating and maintaining SOPs, maintenance plans, network diagrams, etc.
- Proven ability to develop Bills of Material and technical statements of work
- Excellent vendor management and negotiation skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
Tenet Healthcare/USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.2305045195
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities