USPI Senior Counsel, Operations, Dallas, Texas or Nashville, TN Corporate Office
Job ID: 2005042378 Date Posted: 04/15/2021 Facility: Tenet Executive Search
- Mid-Senior level
- No Travel
What makes a successful USPI Senior Counsel, Operations, Dallas, Texas or Nashville, TN Corporate Office at our location? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“Our physicians, specialists, surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals are highly skilled and dedicated to providing the best possible medical care. We advance health through the continuous pursuit of evidence-based, coordinated care. Our goal is to be your trusted and lifelong partner for health and wellness services.”-Frank Molinaro, Chief Executive Officer at Abrazo Health
Paid Time Off
Stock Purchase Program
Life and Disability Insurance
United Surgical Partners International (USPI), an affiliate of Tenet Healthcare Corporation and a national leader in outpatient surgery centers seeks to add a Senior Counsel - Operations to its legal team based in its Addison, Texas headquarters located in the Dallas Metroplex. The successful lawyer will join a high impact and growing legal team and be expected to provide legal advice on a wide variety of matters related to USPI's portfolio of surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers and urgent care operations.
Reporting to the Senior Managing Counsel of Operations for USPI, the Senior Counsel - Operations responsibilities will include, the review and analysis of all arrangements between USPI facilities and other parties for compliance with Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, EMTALA, HIPAA, and any other regulatory requirements applicable to such arrangements. The Senior Counsel will also be required to give training presentations to USPI personnel from time-to-time on legal issues that pertain to USPI facility operations.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of five years of experience in health care law is required. Solid experience in a healthcare operations law practice, as well as a working knowledge of health care regulations, are required. This includes experience in health care-related drafting and transactional matters. Prior large law firm experience is highly preferred.
Additionally, the successful lawyer must be self-motivated, organized, a team player and work well in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. The lawyer filling this position must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the company, including senior corporate executives and outside counsel. This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function effectively, within a team framework.
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills are necessary.
- Must be extremely responsive to a high volume of diverse requests.
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative are essential for success in this role.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to execute on plan, deliver results and manage external legal costs.
- A self-motivated, organized team player who works well in a high-energy and fast-paced environment. An individual who is cooperative, encourages collaboration and builds understanding; who easily gains trust and support of superiors and colleagues; who can find common ground and solve problems, and who owns his or her projects and commitments.
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations. Astute interpersonal, public relations and negotiating skills.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
- This individual must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely responsive to all constituents. He/she should also have the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside counsel. This position will involve handling confidential matters requiring the exercise of good judgment and discretion.
Juris Doctor Degree from an ASA Accredited Law School is required and fully qualified to practice in the State of Texas.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Approximately 25 percent.