Search Open Positions
VBC Business Analyst III - Hybrid
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for identifying, documenting business processes through interviewing clients and reviewing and analyzing existing systems and processes. In addition, the Business Analyst will be responsible for designing, implementing and modifying multiple custom applications or modules. Articulates interrelationships and recasts business flow into requirement specifications. Conducts gap analysis to document discrepancies between business requirement and system capabilities. Will develop internal capabilities to evaluate and improve operational processes through the organization. Serves as liason between business partners and Implementation and Analysis department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Collects and researches specific client requirements for projects, identifies and documents business requirements, gathers workflow data and basic system and reporting specifications.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with project team, including project stakeholders and business partners in setting project milestones and providing decision-making relative to project deliverables and timelines.
- Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations.
- Identifies opportunities for business process improvement, makes associated recommendations.
- Create or assists with the creation and execution of test scripts to ensure that production isues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes, or upgrades.
- Accomplishes all work within established Software Development Life Cycle methodology and standards.
- Capable of prioritizing and scheduling diversified workload.
- Review and update policies and procedures.
- Mentors and direct Business Analyst I and II
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) N/A
Indirect Reports (titles) Business Analyst I and IIKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced ability to gather and analyze complex data and requirements
- Must demonstrate excellent professional communication skills through clearly written, concise and comprehensive business requirement documentation
- Must be capable of executing and publishing written requirements utilizing the business intent and goals while providing details to support workflow
- Must have ability to understand business functionality and translate it into application and business and functional requirements
- Facilitate discussions and elicit business requirements with internal and external clients
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, respectful of all positions at all levels
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile and Waterfall)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 7-10 years Business Analysis related experience preferred
- Business Analyst professional certification, or actively pursuing certification
- Project Management experience, and the ability to undertake project management tasks where necessary
- Healthcare and/or revenue cycle experience in a provider, servicer or a large physician practice experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Light physical effort (lift up to 10lbs). Regularly needs to be able to bend, stoop and reach to file
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Approximately 5-10% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet