Search Open Positions
Medical Scribe DMC Sports Medicine
The specific tasks of the scribe are dependent upon the physician/.provider. The core responsibility of the scribe is to follow the provider throughout the assigned time period and chart patient encounters in real-time using a medical office's Electronic Health Record, existing templates or paper records. The scribe is limited to recording interactions as dictated by the physician/provider and as such must not interject their own observations or impressions. The position is a clerical role and does not involve direct patient care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Chart patient encounters in real-time during office visits
- Reviews documentation to determine accuracy
- Manage and sort medical documents in the EMR system
- Generate referral letters for physicians
- Assist physician with e-Scribing.
- Assist with other office functions as needed.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Required: 2-3 years transcription and/or editing
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet