Search Open Positions
HIM Director - FT Days in Des Moines, IA
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Director of HIM is responsible for developing, administering, and managing systems related to health information management services and revenue cycle management functions at a facility/facilities level that support and comply with the Corporate directives. This position serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in health records maintenance, health records processing, electronic health record systems, EHR management, clinical documentation guidelines, HIPAA Privacy and Security, Release of Information, chart completion/delinquency process, transcription, coding and reimbursement, regulatory compliance, and revenue cycle management. The Director of HIM evaluates operations and technology continuously and recommends changes and methods for improving processes and is accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures are consistently administered efficiently and effectively to manage health information and health information services. This position serves as an advocacy for privacy and confidentiality of health information and ensures compliance with related regulations and standards established by State, Federal, accrediting, and other regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Customer and Employee Satisfaction:
- Develops positive customer relationships by displaying professional and helpful behaviors, as well as mutual respect for patients, physicians, team members, visitors, and family/significant others.
- Communicates openly and honestly; following through with assignments; behaving in a fair and consistent manner; and supporting teamwork at all levels of the organization.
- Health Information Management:
- Directs plans, develops, and implements systems for documentation, storage, and retrieval of health record information in accordance with accrediting/ regulatory and Conifer requirements.
- Assists HIM OPS Market Director to develop, implement, and assess long-range and short-term goals; conducts studies and analyzes reports and makes recommendations concerning staffing, organization, budget, and workflow.
- Monitors local/national trends and legislation in health information management and adjusts HIM processes accordingly
- Directs, plans, organizes, monitors, and evaluates the work assignments of direct reports to ensure effective and efficient operations and compliance with established standards, rules, and regulations
- Collects, analyzes and enters data/documentation for all required reporting in a timely manner and prior to deadline.
- Privacy/Confidentiality/Release of Information
- Directs and evaluates compliance to privacy, information security, and confidentiality of health information standards throughout CRI and reports known exceptions
- Ensures compliance with related regulations and standards established by State, Federal, accrediting, and other r
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Access Representative II Job ID: 2205036016 Date posted: 09/23/2022 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Patient Access Representative II Job ID: 2205035013 Date posted: 09/20/2022 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Manager, Patient Access I Job ID: 2205034758 Date posted: 09/20/2022 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet