Search Open Positions
Patient Access Site II Director - Des Moines, IA Sign on Bonus Available
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Manage the daily operations of a Patient Access department to effectively implement process improvements and ensure the safe, timely, accurate processes of patients through the Patient Access flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Implement process improvement initiatives as directed and needed to achieve both Conifer and Client goals. Continuously focused on meeting metrics and proactively identifying areas of opportunity by working collaboratively, professionally and fostering positive relationships with both internal and external peers.
- Develop and implement action plans as identified.
- Actively practice budget/cost management.
- Understand and be able to speak to all aspects of Patient Access, from technology, processes and regulations.
- Consistently manages staffing activities in areas of responsibility. This includes documentation and identification of needs, selection of staff, wage/salary activities, orientation and training. Grow/Mentor supervisors and ensure staff engagement and commitment to strategy, mission and goals. Communicate proactively and positively with direct supervisor to ensure personal growth in knowledge and skill set.
- Work positively with Client Services to ensure that client needs/concerns/requests in relation to Patient Access are being addressed proactively and in a way which does not negatively impact efficiencies or operational flows established.
- Effectively and proactively communicate and address issues that may be impeding performance, including technology or processes.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY/SCOPE (Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense): Varies based on hospital size, volume and payor mix.
- Bed size: 300+
- Points of Entry: 8+ (clinic/satellite is 1 POE)
- Number of facilities: 2-3 mid-sized hospitals or multi-site]
- $200M+ in Net Patient Revenue
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) Manager or Supervisors, Patient Access
Indirect Reports (titles) Rep, PA I-IV; Rep, PA Scheduler
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Demonstrated leadership and management abilities
Ability to manage a budget
Proficiency in Regulatory requirements
Thorough knowledge of Insurance
Ability to Delegate successfully
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Three (3) to five (5) years Management in a Revenue Cycle, Business Services, or Acute Health Care environment preferred.
Extensive knowledge of Patient Access desired
Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
Ability to travel
Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Work Environment
Hospital Work Environment
Approximately 25% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- We re Hiring! Immediate Openings Available at MercyOne Job ID: 2005036181 Date posted: 10/23/2020 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Coder Analyst Job ID: 2205023362 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Access Representative II Job ID: 2205023948 Date posted: 06/22/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet