Search Open Positions
Patient Service Center Manager I - Remote with Occasional Onsite Visits
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Patient Services Center Manager is responsible for assisting the on-site Director with the overall operation of the Patient Service Center. Responsibilities include organizing, planning and monitoring work processes for scheduling, pre-registration, pre-authorization and financial clearance. Position will be responsible for leading the team to deliver excellent customer service and to continually improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Patient Service Center. This position is responsible for adherence of Patient Service Center processes and increased client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Responsible for reviewing call statistics, staffing models and reporting. Expected to make recommendations to the Director regarding necessary adjustments to procedures or staffing to ensure excellent customer service and operational objectives are met or exceeded.
- Communicates with client hospitals; receiving and documenting any concerns or questions in regards to departmental procedures and quality of service.
- Exercise leadership and motivate supervisors and team members to incorporate vision, strategic planning, and elements of quality management into the full range of the department's activities; encouraging creative thinking and innovation; influencing others toward a spirit of service; implementing new or cutting edge programs/processes
- Responsible for assisting the Director with meeting department service level requirements. Lead the continued improvement of all quality and training programs for department. Manage workflow, project calendar, and time lines
- Work closely with clients, emerging PS team members and management through side by side review and coaching. Review, research, and respond to Issues Logged, emails, and or phone calls by facility representatives, on a daily basis as the Subject matter expert. Respond in a timely manner in accordance with established service deliverables
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct Reports (titles): Supervisor, PSC;; Rep, PSC I - LEAD
- Leadership: Reports to a Director on-site. Not the standalone leader who represents Conifer in Revenue Cycle Management
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently and organize and complete projects in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to utilize exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities to anticipate, quickly address and make correct decisions in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational and management skills, ability to function effectively under stress of conflicting demands on time and attention
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours as needed due to department expanded evening and weekend hours of operation.
- Ability to develop and meet schedules
- Expertise with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Intermediate group leadership and facilitation skills
- Ability to perform essential job functions with high degree of independence, flexibility, and creative problem solving techniques
- Attentive listening skills
- Ability to interpret third party Payer principals and terms
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members (both oral and written communication)
- Ability to work in a production driven call-center environment
- Familiarity with working with dual computer monitors (may be required to use dual monitors)
- Must have basic typing ability
- Must have working knowledge of Windows based computer environment
- Ability to multitask in multiple systems (financial clearance and scheduling) simultaneously
- Extensive multitasking ability
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Required: High school education or GED
- Preferred: 2 year college degree in Business, Accounting, Medical Administration or related area
- Preferred: 3-5 years’ administrative experience in patient access, medical facility, health insurance verification, or related area
- Preferred: 3-5 years’ experience in Customer Service or related call center environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 25% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Coordinator, Client Network Management (remote or in-office) / Southern CA (Los Angeles) Job ID: 2105021118 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Payer Insights & Innovation Manager (Analytics/Data Science) - Remote Job ID: 2105014500 Date posted: 02/18/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Financial Consultant - Remote Job ID: 2205023925 Date posted: 06/27/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet