Search Open Positions
Adjunct Chaplain Rotating Shift Contingent
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, works as member of the health care team to provide pastoral care and counseling on an interfaith basis to patients, their families and hospital staff.
- Provides sacramental ministry as appropriate.
- Accepts and makes referrals for care.
- Documents inpatient records as appropriate and submits written documentation to management as required.
- Facilitates the ministry of community clergy to their hospitalized parishioners by orienting them to the hospital, clarifying policies and procedures as needed, and supporting their ministry at the hospital.
- Conducts meditations and worship services as scheduled.
- Attends special staff meetings and peer support programs as scheduled.
1. Completion of one Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (or the equivalent).
2. Completion of graduate degree in divinity, theology, religion or pastoral ministry (or the equivalent).
3. Candidates who have completed one Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education at a DMC CPE Center may be considered for hire as an Adjunct Chaplain while they are completing their graduate degree.
4. Member in good standing in a recognized faith community.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Central Supply Associate Days FT Job ID: 2205037724 Date posted: 11/21/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Technical Services Representative Days FT Job ID: 2205037830 Date posted: 11/22/2022 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
- Technical Services Representative Days FT Job ID: 2205037779 Date posted: 11/22/2022 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet