Search Open Positions
Athletic Trainer Certified I Days FT
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nation’s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, in compliance with legal aspects of patient care activities and guidelines that impact practice, and according to established policies and procedures, develops and administers established treatment plans for physical therapy patients.
• In collaboration with the Physical Therapist, develops exercise programs including therapeutic pool programs and sports injury therapy programs, and assesses patient progress through the program.
• The athletic trainer will be able to perform the following functions: prevention, assessment, treatment and reconditioning and rehabilitation of injuries as set forth by the NATA Certification (BOC).
• The athletic trainer will be able to carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations made by the physical therapist or physician.
• May have the opportunity for assigned pre-season physicals, sports games and related events under the supervision of the director.
• Develops and administers educational and exercise programs to schools, community centers and on-site staff.
• Works as a team with the Physical Therapist to schedule patients, develop/perform treatment programs such as gait training/therapeutic exercise programs/physical therapy modalities, provide appropriate assessment/documentation of patient progress, and perform patient billing procedures.
• Prepares and monitors equipment such as hydrotherapy tanks, paraffin baths and hot packs, and performs minor repair on equipment, as needed.
• Instructs and prepares patients for treatment and reports patients progress to Physical Therapist.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principals of growth and development over the life span and the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information.
1. Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited Athletic Trainer Certified Program, with current NATA Board of Certification Inc. certification.
2. License to practice as an Athletic Trainer in the State of Michigan as of 1/1/11.
3. One year of experience in a clinical setting preferred. Entry-level graduates with BOC certification will be considered.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Graduate Respiratory Therapist Nights FT Job ID: 2205020202 Date posted: 11/23/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Senior Physical Therapist Days FT $10,000 Sign on Job ID: 2205037831 Date posted: 11/22/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Occupational Therapist Days FT $10,000 Sign on Job ID: 2205037817 Date posted: 11/22/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet