Search Open Positions
Charge Capture Representative Days FT
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Performs daily charge capture activities necessary to ensure accurate billing of patient services. Analyzes each patient record to determine the level of care, based on documented treatments, along with charging for other services, including medication administration (injections & infusions), etc, utilized during the patient visit. Verifies documented interventions of clinical staff via online EMR (i.e., signed chart, dictated physical exam, physician orders, nursing notes, medication administration, etc). Navigates within the EMR systems of the DMC for record review. Conducts manual chart reviews and charge processes depending on the department. Responsible for entering charges into Cerner or Siemens for billing. Maintains daily productivity and quality requirements. Monitors daily reports of account activity to determine charge capture progress, missed accounts, and to identify and resolve any unusual activity.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. One year of experience working with an electronic EMR, performing charge entry, or clerical assignment within the ER Department, Medical Records department or related area.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology, Emergency Department procedures, medication administration, etc., in order to abstract from the medical records the appropriate information to perform charge capture for each patient encounter.
4. Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting systems highly desirable.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Transporter Afternoons PT Job ID: 2105036093 Date posted: 09/24/2021 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Telemetry Associate Days FT Job ID: 2105034734 Date posted: 09/24/2021 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Scheduler Procedural Days Contingent Job ID: 2105010648 Date posted: 09/23/2021 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet