Search Open Positions
Child Life Fellow Days FT
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Child Life & Volunteer Services, participates in the post-internship educational opportunities of the Child Life fellowship program in order to acquire advanced clinical experiences from a variety of settings.
• Participates in research projects which may include preparation/submission of IRB application and reports, maintenance of documents/data, patient recruitment/screening, data collection/analysis, and publication submittal and/or conclusion presentation.
• May perform the duties of a Child Life Specialist.
• Provides child life services for ambulatory and inpatient children and their families.
• Provides interventions and services that reduce stress, increase adaptive coping and protect and enhance developmental integrity by offering opportunities to play, learn and interact with others in an emotionally and physically safe environment.
1. Bachelor's degree in Child Life, Child Growth and Development, Recreational Therapy or related field.
2. Eligible for certification as a Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) by the Child Life Certifying Commission.
3. Four months (480 hours) of internship experience working under the direction of a Certified Child Life Specialist.
1. Analytical ability to assess patient needs and develop and provide appropriate interventions and services.
2. Interpersonal skills to work productively with patients, families, health care professionals and other members of the community.
3. Clinical knowledge related to the provision of Child Life Services.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Surgical Technician Nights FT Job ID: 2205032208 Date posted: 09/07/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Security Officer I Nights FT Job ID: 2205035357 Date posted: 09/22/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Security Officer I Nights FT Job ID: 2205027129 Date posted: 08/05/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet