Search Open Positions
Clinical Nurse Preceptor Cath Lab Days FT
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision, instructs, counsels, monitors and evaluates nursing personnel during orientation to hospital or unit; assists in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising staff development activities; performs duties of Charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse when needed.
1. Instructs, counsels and monitors the work of nursing orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.
2. Collaborates with Nurse Educator in planning and structuring orientation program to meet the individual orientees needs; plans daily assignments for orientees.
3. Performs on-going assessment and regular formal evaluations of nursing staff during orientation period; documents all observations and submits recommendations to supervisor (e.g., duration of individual orientation).
4. Assists Nurse Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising the staff development activities and nursing policies and procedures.
5. Serves as a role model and resource person for all nursing staff.
6. Performs duties and responsibilities of charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse as needed or directed.
7. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities. Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
8. Adheres to hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives and performs other duties as assigned.
1. BSN or enrollment/documented intent to complete within two years.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
3. Two years staff nurse experience in area of clinical specialty.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS
1. Provides training and guidance to assigned personnel.
2. Provides functional guidance and training to less skilled personnel.
3. May act as charge nurse or team leader.
4. May supervise nursing students.
1Benefits may vary slightly by location and role. Please ask your recruiter for more details.