Search Open Positions
Clinical Pharmacist Rotating Shift FT
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under limited supervision, provides clinical pharmacy services including primary care services, consultative services, and drug information services to patients and health care providers to deliver high quality care.
• Reviews prescriptions as written by authorized prescribers to determine that order is safe and appropriate for the specific patient; contacts authorized prescriber as necessary to review vague or illegible prescriptions.
• Fills prescriptions as ordered by authorized prescriber by dispensing or compounding medication according to established procedures. Interviews patients for previous medication history and provides counseling on current drug therapy.
• Identifies patients who require teaching, and provides educational material. Also works collaboratively with other health care providers to assure coordination of the provision of patient education.
• Assigns, educates, trains and supervises the work of support personnel (technicians, residents, interns, clerks and students) in the preparation of medications for dispensing and in related duties.
• Ensures accuracy of work completed by support personnel, in compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Ensures maintenance of an inventory of medication and pharmacy supplies and related records.
• Ensures that storage of medications and supplies is in compliance with environmental and regulatory agency procedures.
• Responsible for the provision of formal patient and staff educational programs.
• Conducts patient care area inspection to ensure proper drug availability, storage and dating.
• Provides clinical pharmacy services to patients and health care providers in various areas, including: therapeutic drug monitoring, anti-coagulation service, nutritional support, investigational drug services, hematology/oncology pharmacy, medication use evaluation, pain management service, and adverse drug reaction reporting, etc.
• Adheres to system, hospital and departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
1. Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy or completion of foreign equivalency examination.
2. Registered Pharmacist and Controlled Substance licensures in the State of Michigan obtained within 3 months of entry into job.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Pharmacy Technician Nights FT Job ID: 2205006629 Date posted: 06/21/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Pharmacy Resident Rotating Shift FT Job ID: 2205019265 Date posted: 06/16/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Pharmacy Technician Nights FT Job ID: 2205013074 Date posted: 06/10/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet