Search Open Positions
Clinical PT Specialist Days FT Sign on Bonus available
**$10,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michiganis one of the nation’s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures such as heat, cold, electricity, traction, ultrasound and exercise. Responsible for treating the complex/specialty cases for assigned site(s).
- Evaluates patients motor and neurological capabilities and documents findings. Treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures; assists patients in rehabilitative exercise programs; and instructs patients in the use of rehabilitative equipment such as braces, splints, and ambulation aides. Administers and interprets a variety of tests to evaluate the motor and neurological capabilities of patients.
- Documents patient treatments, initial evaluation, progress notes and discharge summaries in accordance with departmental policies and service line protocols. Co-signs notes written by physical therapy assistants, aides and/or students.
- Develops home care programs for patients and provides instruction to families during hospitalization and upon discharge. Provides staff mentoring and develops/implements educational in-services for staff.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings and various conferences to report on patients progress; consults regularly with other service line team members regarding patient treatment.
- May oversee, instruct and evaluates physical therapy assistants, aids, students and/or volunteers, as assigned. Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and supplies in assigned treatment areas; recommends the purchase of supplies and/or equipment, as needed.
- Maintains professional expertise through workshops, lectures, conferences, departmental, service line meetings, etc. in order to remain current on treatment techniques. Serves as a member of a designated service line.
- Assists in the implementation of programs and services to foster a interdisciplinary approach and a service line system of care.
1. Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy or certification from an accredited physical therapy program.
2. Three years of clinical experience in order to acquire skills for independent patient treatment.
3. Current license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.
4. Minimum of 60 points on the professional growth and development criteria.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Graduate Respiratory Therapist Days FT Job ID: 2305000271-13 Date posted: 12/06/2023 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights FT Job ID: 2105045871-27 Date posted: 01/30/2024 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Respiratory Care Associate Days Contingent Job ID: 2205037497-16 Date posted: 01/30/2024 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet