Search Open Positions
Clinical PT Specialist Days FT
**$10,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nation’s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides oversight to the physical therapy team. Assists department leadership in overseeing the day-to-day operations and resolving problems.
1. Coordinates staff work schedules and patient care assignments to ensure timely service delivery. Follows, clarifies and enforces department policies and procedures to ensure efficient provision of physical therapy services.
2. Assumes supervisory responsibility in the absence of department leadership.
3. Participates in the selection and evaluation of physical therapy personnel.
4. Coordinates and participates in department performance improvement activities.
5. Serves as a clinical resource to the physical therapy team and assists departmental staff with resolving complex cases and/or problems. Participates in setting and implementing goals for the physical therapy team.
6. Serves as a mentor to assist in professional growth and development of therapy staff.
7. Provides in-service education and orientation programs. Oversees, instructs and evaluates physical therapy staff in the application of physical therapy principles, modalities and techniques.
8. Assists with volunteer program, as needed.
9. Functions as a role model for customer service.
10. Assists in marketing physical therapy services to patients, families and other health care professionals in the community.
11. Serves as a clinical resource for community-based agencies, institutions and universities.
12. Assists management in department functions and special projects, i.e., utilization review, quality assurance, program development and committee work. Conducts studies and research projects as requested.
13. Performs all the duties/responsibilities of a Physical Therapist, as required.
1. Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy or a certification in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
2. Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience in a clinical area in order to acquire leadership skills, and skills for specialized and independent patient treatment.
3. Leadership experience is strongly preferred.
4. Current license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Respiratory Care Associate Days Contingent Job ID: 2205037497-5 Date posted: 10/31/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Respiratory Care Associate Days Contingent Job ID: 2205037496-5 Date posted: 10/31/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Occupational Therapist Days FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2205037412-5 Date posted: 12/05/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet