Search Open Positions
Clinical Social Worker Case Management Days FT
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
The Social Worker is responsible to facilitate care along a continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient's resources and right to self-determination. The individual in this position has overall responsibility for to assess the patient for transition needs including identifying and assessing patients at risk for readmission. Conducts complex psycho-social assessment and intervention to promote timely throughput, safe discharge and prevent avoidable readmissions. This position integrates national standards for case management scope of services including:
- Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention and patient satisfaction
- Care Coordination by demonstrating throughput efficiency while assuring care is the right sequence and at appropriate level of care
- Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards and Tenet policy
- Education provided to physicians, patients, families and caregivers
This individual's responsibility will include the following activities: a) complex psycho-social transition planning assessment and reassessment and intervention, b) assistance with adoptions, abuse and neglect cases, including assessment, intervention and referral as appropriate to local, state and /or federal agencies, c) care coordination, d) implementation or oversight of implementation of the transition plan, e) leading and/or facilitating multi-disciplinary patient care conferences including Complex Case Review, f) making appropriate referrals to other departments, g ) communicating with patients and families about the plan of care, h) collaborating with physicians, office staff and ancillary departments, i) assuring patient education is completed to support post-acute needs , j) timely complete and concise documentation in Case Management system, k ) maintenance of accurate patient demographic and insurance information, l) and other duties as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Completes comprehensive assessment within 24 hours of patient admission to identify and document the anticipated transition plan for patients
· Integrates key elements of patient assessment, patient choice and available resources to develop and implement a successful transition plan
· Completes Complex/Psycho-social assessment and plan for patients identified as high risk for readmission.
· Provides psycho-social assessment and intervention for patients identified with identified needs including behavioral health, lack of support systems, financial barriers, end of life, and/or medication adherence.
· May delegate the implementation of the transition plan to LVN/LPN or Assistant staff. And follows up to ensure the transition plan is completed timely and accurately
· Ensures all elements of the transition plan are implemented and communicated to the healthcare team, patient/family and post-acute providers
· Provides information to patients to make informed choices when community services per Tenet policy
· Completes Final Discharge Disposition Form Assessment for Medicare patients per Tenet policy
· Completes timely, complete and accurate documentation in the Tenet Case Management system to communicating information to the care team and provide documents needed in the patient record(40% daily, essential)
· Screens patients for factors that may affect the progression of care and intervenes as needed to promote timely and appropriate throughput
· Conducts assessments and stratifies patients at risk for readmission or in need of Case Management services
· Assists with adoption/abuse/neglect cases and reporting of appropriate cases to local, state and/or federal agencies
· Ensures the plan of care is consistent with patient choice and available resources
· Ensures patient needs are communicated and that the healthcare team is mutually accountable to achieve the patient plan of care
·Effectively collaborates with physicians, nurses, ancillary staff, payors, patients and families to achieve optimal outcomes(40% daily, essential).
· Ensures and provides education to patients, physicians and the healthcare team relevant to the safe and timely patient transition
· Provides patient and healthcare team education regarding resources and benefits available to the patient along with the economic impact of care options
· Ensures that education has been provided to the patient/family/caregiver by the healthcare team prior to discharge
(10% daily, essential).
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and accreditation requirements impacting case management scope of services
· Adheres to department structure and staffing, policies and procedures to comply with the CMS Conditions of Participation and Tenet policies
· Operates within the Social Work scope of practice as defined by state licensing regulations(10% daily, essential)
1. Master's degree in Social Work from a college or university social work program approved by the Michigan Board of Social Work and accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. Current license as a Licensed Master's Social Worker in the State of Michigan, or current limited license to engage in the practice of social work at the Master's level in the State of Michigan, with full licensure within 3 years from date of hire .
3. Two years of acute hospital experience preferred.
4. Must complete and demonstrate competency in using the Tenet Case Management documentation system within 30 days of hire.
5. Attendance at hospital and department orientation is required. Department orientation includes review and instruction regarding Tenet Case Management and Compliance policies, Transition Management, and other topics specific to case management.
6. Accredited Case Manager (ACM) preferred.Skills Required
1. Analytical ability, critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify opportunities for improvement and problem resolution.
2. Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patients, families and all levels of hospital personnel.
3. Verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse populations including physicians, employees, patients and their families.
4. Ability to cope with stressful situations or encounters, manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, and to work regularly with difficult medical/emotional/psycho-social problems.
5. Teaching abilities to conduct educational programs for staff, patients, families and community.
6. Organizational skills and the ability to lead and coordinate activities of a diverse group of people in a fast paced environment.
7. Comprehensive knowledge base and physical ability to systematically assess patients and families to identify psychosocial health status and needs.
Computer literacy to utilize case management systems.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Certified Medical Assistant Job ID: 2105041096 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC Medical Group
- Lab Assistant Job ID: 2105032170 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
- Oral Surgery Assistant Days FT Job ID: 2105037795 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet