Search Open Positions
Clinical Social Worker Days FT
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under limited direction practices in adherence with the NASW Code of Ethics and in compliance with the DMC mission statement, policies, procedures and other regulatory agencies, acts as a member of the care management team by providing psychosocial evaluation, crisis intervention, psychotherapeutic support and counseling to patients and their families.
• Facilitates adjustment to the secondary effects of illness, addresses personal and/or environmental problems in order to maximize the benefits of available health care services.
• Acts as a liaison between facility, family, government and community agencies.
• Manages conflict resolution at the patient level.
• Assesses and facilitates transition to the next level of care for complex patients.
• Maintains working knowledge and database of community resources available to patients and their families, including but not limited to support groups, behavioral health providers, and supportive resources.
• Maintains current knowledge of health care techniques/practices, and social work strategies through educational programs/resources.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the requirements of payers, regulatory and compliance entities.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with physicians and all other staff members, internally and externally. Identifies problems or dissatisfaction experienced by any customer or referring source and works to resolve them to a high degree of service excellence.
• Uses positive interpersonal skills to effectively resolve conflict.
• Promotes a positive customer relations environment. Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
1. Master's degree in Social Work from a college or university social work program approved by the Michigan Board of Social Work and accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. Current license as a Licensed Master's Social Worker in the State of Michigan,
Current limited license to engage in the practice of social work at the Master's level in the State of Michigan, with full licensure within 3 years from date of hire.
3. One to two years of social work experience, preferably in a hospital setting,
Six month social work internship in a hospital setting.
1. Analytical ability and critical thinking to identify opportunities for improvement and problem resolution.
2. Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patients, families and all levels of hospital personnel.
3. Verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse populations including physicians, employees, patients and their families.
4. Ability to cope with stressful situations or encounters, manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, and to work regularly with difficult medical/emotional/psycho-social problems.
5. Teaching abilities to conduct educational programs for staff, patients, families and community.
6. Comprehensive knowledge base and physical ability to systematically assess patients and families to identify psychosocial health status and needs.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Sitter - PRN - NIGHTS Job ID: 2105048640 Date posted: 06/27/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- RN Postpartum Nights FT Job ID: 2205010666 Date posted: 06/27/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Patient Sitter - PRN - DAYS Job ID: 2205006633 Date posted: 06/27/2022 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet