Search Open Positions
Clinical Speech Language Pathologist Specialist Days Contingent
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nation’s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, diagnoses and treats speech, language, swallowing and cognitive disorders.
• Responsible for treating the complex/specialty cases for assigned site(s).
• Diagnoses speech, language, cognitive and oral-pharyngeal swallowing disorders utilizing a variety of tests such as articulation, language, voice/resonance, fluency, cognitive communications skills, etc.
• Researches and analyzes patients medical history from test performances, medical records and case histories. Utilizes information to diagnose and treat patients.
• Designs treatment plans and administers treatment to patients with speech, language and oral-pharyngeal swallowing disorders.
• Counsels, educates and advises patients and their families regarding communicative, cognitive and swallowing functioning, and develops home programs for patient as needed.
• Documents diagnostic reports and therapeutic progress notes according to departmental procedures; codes information for billing purposes to ensure maximum reimbursement from third party payers.
• Participates as a member of the inter-disciplinary rehabilitation team; attends chart rounds and departmental meeting.
• Provides staff mentoring and develops/implements educational in-services for staff. Provides presentations and/or in-service education to professional staff, students, outside community, etc.
• May instruct and monitor speech and language pathology interns.
• Enhances professional expertise through seminars, workshops, conferences, reading, professional organizations, etc.
1. Master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
2. Current license to practice as a Speech Language Pathologist in the State of Michigan.
3. Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association.
4. Three years of clinical experience in order to acquire skills for independent patient treatment.
5. Minimum of 60 points on the professional growth and development criteria.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Medical Technologist I Days FT $5,000 Sign on Job ID: 2205037853 Date posted: 11/29/2022 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
- Vascular Ultrasound Technician Rotating Afternoons PT Job ID: 2205000215 Date posted: 11/18/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Community Mental Health Case Mgr SW or RN Days FT Job ID: 2105017558 Date posted: 09/12/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet