Coord Diagnostic Imaging PACS - Children's Hospital of Michigan Days Full time
- Job ID 1905035201
- Date posted 09/11/2019
- Facility Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
As directed, responsible for the daily operations of the Picture Archival and Communication System (PACS) in collaboration with Radiology Director, Information Systems department, and Chief of Radiology department to meet the objectives and standards of the institution. Oversees equipment maintenance and systems testing, upgrading, and installing
Primary responsibilities for oversight of imaging support applications, customer satisfaction, problem-solving and training personnel. Instructs personnel in job-specific applications and conducts daily quality checks on the integrity of patient-image files. This includes the maintenance and development of the software applications and associated hardware, and coordination with other imaging informatics systems and the hospital information systems (HIS) to assure a fast, efficient and accurate flow of information. Acts as a liaison between the Radiology department and customers.
Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JCAHO requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine (NMTCB), AMRIT or ARDMS
2. Five or more year's radiology experience with advanced knowledge of all general anatomy and procedures performed in the radiology department.
- A technical background is essential to succeeding in this role.
4. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
1. Demonstrate analytical ability to oversee the application of methods, guides, and processes, to apply sound judgment in choosing proper course of action among multiple options.
2. Be able to work independently while being a part of a team.
3. Demonstrate strong computer skills with medical imaging.
4. Excellent communication and/or interpersonal skills with internal and external customers. DMC policies and programs and specific technical and regulatory knowledge. Conflict resolution skills must be exercised where policy issues are concerned both within the functional area and interdepartmentally. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read, interpret and write technical materials.
5. Project management skills including the ability to process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate, and technological needs to accomplish goals and objectives.
6. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.