Search Open Positions
ED Technician I Nights FT
DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michigan’s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the state’s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroit’s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
The ED Tech is a member of the emergency department patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The ED TECH is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and ED Tech skills and scope of practice.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission vision and values of the DMC.
2. Assists the registered nurse by gathering data on patient conditions, direct patient observation. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Documents interventions and patient responses according to policy. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations.
3. Assists in the training/orientation of other technicians and care team members as directed.
4. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards.
5. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy and expresses interest in patient progress. Answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality.
6. As required by unit needs, performs general clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to, answering telephones and call lights, greeting patients and visitors.
7. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing. OR
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. A Certified PCA/PCT Program.
b. A Certified Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. A Medical Assistant Program.
d. An EMT Program.
e. A phlebotomy training program
With, six (6) months direct patient care experience, preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Clinical OT Specialist Days FT Job ID: 2205023122 Date posted: 06/27/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Instrument Associate Nights FT Job ID: 2205022653 Date posted: 06/17/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Histotechnologist Days FT Job ID: 2105035030 Date posted: 04/28/2022 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet