Search Open Positions
Executive Admin Assistant Days FT
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) is a nationally recognized health care system that serves patients and families throughout Michigan and beyond. A premier healthcare resource, our mission is to help people live happier, healthier lives. The hospitals of the Detroit Medical Center are the Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, the DMC Heart Hospital, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan and Sinai-Grace Hospital.
DMC's 150-year legacy of medical excellence and service provides patients and families world-class care in cardiovascular health, women's services, neurosciences, stroke treatment, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, organ transplant and other general and specialty services.
DMC is a key partner in Detroit's resurgence, which continues to draw national and international attention. A dedicated corporate citizen with strong community ties, DMC is one of the largest and most diverse employers in Southeast Michigan.
Under limited direction, provides advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative and secretarial support exercising judgment to maximize office efficiency and accuracy of communications, schedules, meetings, and data gathering and analysis.
- Provides administrative support to a senior officer which requires interaction with Board members, City, State and Federal officials, Wayne State University officials, community leaders, executive management from area hospitals, DMC physicians and top management groups to discuss the status of various issues and to exchange highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Initiates routine correspondence. Ensures executive responds in a timely manner and communicates for the executive as directed.
- Functions as a resource regarding DMC policies, positions, practices and current and controversial issues.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors and responds to routine complex inquiries.
- Provides general guidance over activities within the office to ensure smooth flow of work and information.
- Coordinates the work of one or more lower level secretaries or other administrative or clerical staff on a regular reporting or project basis.
- May provide secretarial and administrative support to the Board of Trustees.
1. Associate's degree in Secretarial Science or related area or the equivalent level of knowledge gained through education and/or experience.
2. Five years of progressively more responsible related experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Security Officer I Afternoons FT Job ID: 2205025079-11 Date posted: 06/07/2023 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Security Officer I Afternoons FT Job ID: 2305000667-3 Date posted: 03/14/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Administrative Supervisor, Patient Services Nights Contingent Job ID: 2305000984-2 Date posted: 06/06/2023 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet