Search Open Positions
Graduate Respiratory Therapist Nights FT
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
NOTE: This job is flat-rated. The job title is restricted to a graduate of an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. The timeframe for a candidate in this role is limited to a maximum of 5 months to obtain licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
Under the direction of a registered respiratory therapist and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care.
• In collaboration with the registered respiratory therapist, provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for uncomplicated patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
• Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to assist with developing optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients.
• Performs assessments for uncomplicated patients and evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy.
1. Completion of an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent.
2. Must obtain licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan within five months. Timeframe for candidate in this role: A maximum of five months to acquire licensure.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Clinical OT Days FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2205034679 Date posted: 09/20/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Exercise Specialist Days FT Outpatient Cardiac Rehab Job ID: 2205037244 Date posted: 10/31/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Physical Therapist Days FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2205009739 Date posted: 11/15/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet