Group Leader DMC Courier Services Days FT University Laboratories
- Job ID 2005035766
- Date posted 10/20/2020
- Facility DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Under general supervision, oversees courier/clerical services within DMC University Laboratories. Trains employees, resolves problems, maintains daily records, coordinates daily route assignments and assists with the department routing software.
1. High school diploma or equivalent in order to organize reports, perform calculations and effectively deal with hospital personnel.
2. Must possess a valid driver's license from the State of Michigan and an approved driving record from Lansing.
3. Must be eligible and remain eligible for coverage as a driver of operating unit vehicles by the operating unit's insurance carrier.
4. Three or more years of related courier/driver experience.
1. Analytical skills to create and modify routing schedules and timelines.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for routine contacts with internal and some external customers/stakeholders to discuss primarily factual information. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures/technical literature, owner's manuals, maps, etc. in specific functional area is necessary.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
4. Organizational skills to coordinate daily activities and implement directives.
5. Ability to read, write and speak English and follow verbal and written instructions.
6. Ability to drive a vehicle in heavy traffic, during inclement weather, and/or under emergency situations.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.