Search Open Positions
Guest Relations/Recipient Rights Coordinator Days Contingent
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a liaison between patients, management, medical staff, and other personnel to resolve patient problems, answer questions, and protect patients moral and legal rights.
• Directs patients to appropriate internal or external resources and/or recommends changes in hospital policy and procedures in order to improve or change the quality of health care delivery.
• Acts as the primary agent of psychiatric patient recipient rights and ensures patients are treated with dignity as outlined in applicable mental health code.
• Develops and maintains the recipient rights program including the development and revision of policies and procedures; provides training to inpatient psychiatric unit personnel.
• Conducts investigations of complaints and ensures appropriate documentation is maintained.
• Maintains data related to recipient rights documents and ensures information is submitted to outside agencies as required.
• Provides and maintains statistics and a variety of reports regarding overall patient satisfaction, incidents and complaints to management.
• Conducts patient visits, assesses overall patient satisfaction and status of specific facility related problems.
• Makes recommendations to management based on patient feedback.
• Reviews patient medical records and provides relevant background information and corresponding suggestions to the patient care team that might enhance patient satisfaction.
1. Bachelors degree in Behavioral Science or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. One or more years of hospital experience preferably in a position that allows exposure to many aspects of health care.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Security Officer I Nights FT Job ID: 2205035357 Date posted: 09/22/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Security Officer I Afternoons FT Job ID: 2205035185 Date posted: 09/22/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Billing Specialist Job ID: 2205023433 Date posted: 09/22/2022 Facility: DMC Medical Group
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet