Search Open Positions
Imaging Engineer Service Coordinator Days FT
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) is a nationally recognized health care system that serves patients and families throughout Michigan and beyond. A premier healthcare resource, our mission is to help people live happier, healthier lives. The hospitals of the Detroit Medical Center are the Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, the DMC Heart Hospital, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan and Sinai-Grace Hospital.
DMC's 150-year legacy of medical excellence and service provides patients and families world-class care in cardiovascular health, women's services, neurosciences, stroke treatment, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, organ transplant and other general and specialty services.
DMC is a key partner in Detroit's resurgence, which continues to draw national and international attention. A dedicated corporate citizen with strong community ties, DMC is one of the largest and most diverse employers in Southeast Michigan.
Following established procedures, responsible for processing, tracking work orders in the medical equipment management database. As required, performs routine and varied clerical duties along with data entry and dispatching duties. Work requires independent judgment and knowledge of department policies and procedures as well as a general understanding of other departments' functions. Utilizes computer to maintain data and create a wide variety of work order and equipment service history
As required, assists in reviewing service reports, invoices and documentation of service and capital equipment costs, processing service PO renewals. Oversees and audits database and cost tracking files. Prepares reports on parts used, equipment service history, and cost of service, equipment inventories and preferred vendors.
Under general supervision and following established procedures and as required for dispatching equipment service requests from phone calls, e-mails and other notification tools, assumes responsibility for monitoring service and dispatching the request for equipment repairs. Determines priorities and assists in scheduling services by contacting in-house service team and outside service support along with verifying assignments and site locations. Processes, documents and provides PO's, when required, to service providers. Performs follow-up with customer and vendors to assure work completion.
As required, assumes responsibility for coordinating and obtaining routine and emergency equipment parts, supplies and services from suppliers consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, urgency of need and DMC practices and standards through the DMC Procurement Dept. Makes recommendations to staff regarding services, supplies and equipment parts available. Maintains contact with service providers to evaluate and review goods along with services offered and time & material cost schedule.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret data from a variety of sources, and to review/assess vendor good and services, as well as time and material cost schedules.
- Interpersonal and telephone customer service skills necessary to effectively communicate with callers, health facility personnel, vendors and external organizations.
- Problem solving skills to clarify customer needs and identify appropriate solutions within the system, and to manage customer problems and complaints.
- Mathematical ability to perform calculations (i.e., percentages, addition, multiplication).
- Ability to work within a fast paced changing environment while handling and organizing multiple priorities.
- General understanding of database/web applications, databases, word processing and spreadsheet applications, and strong typing skill to utilize the computer resources in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures related to customer service.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Radiologic Technologist Days Contingent Job ID: 2205012899-12 Date posted: 05/03/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Cardiac Sonographer Days FT Job ID: 2305000942-0 Date posted: 03/24/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Pediatric Imaging Receptionist Days FT Job ID: 2305000932-0 Date posted: 03/24/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet