Search Open Positions
Laboratories Supervisor Core Midnights FT
DMC University Laboratories (DMCUL) is a regional, integrated laboratory system providing services to the eight hospitals of Detroit Medical Center . DMC University Laboratories evolved in 1993 and is comprised of Core Laboratories, Specialty Laboratories, two rapid response hospital laboratories, Centralized Stat Lab, Centralized Blood Bank Lab, and full service outreach infrastructure which includes patient service centers, remote ambulatory laboratories, marketing staff, courier system and billing department. The DMC University Laboratories service area covers the entire Southeast Michiganmarket, and is growing at a rapid pace with the following outstanding features: Test menu of over 1,000 tests, which includes high end specialty tests. Less than 1% of our tests are sent to outside reference laboratories. Provide reference laboratory services to many of the other healthcare systems in Southeastern Michigan and several out of state facilities.
Under limited supervision, directs and supervises assigned personnel, daily activities and oversight of lab sections: Hematology, Chemistry and Specimen Processing, to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operations.
- Responsible for overall management of the midnight shift, which includes recommendations on hiring, counseling and disciplinary actions of staff.
- Maintains statistical information related to sections.
- Monitors quality assurance metrics to assess section performances and ensures established targets are achieved.
- Assists in the development and enforcement of practices to meet all operational and regulatory laws and standards including HIPPA.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for training, new employee orientation, competency assessment and evaluation of staff.
- Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations.
- Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations JCAHO requirements, and DMC policies and procedures.
- As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science or Canadian degree in clinical discipline and completion of accredited Canadian technologist program.
2. Three to five years of progressively more responsible laboratory experience or two to four years of supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory.
3. Registered as a Technologist with the American Society of Clinical Pathologist, National Certifying Agency or equivalent
1. Analytical ability to define functional, unit or service procedures, to independently oversee the application of methods, guides, and processes, to apply sound judgment in choosing proper course of action among multiple options, to interpret policies, to assist in planning short to mid-range goals and determining measures, and to assess and monitor progress toward Laboratory Services goal attainment.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information or Laboratory policy. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the Service Centers and occasionally on an interdepartmental or inter functional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read and comprehend policies and interpret technical materials in the Laboratory area is necessary.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
4. Technical knowledge of laboratory operations and processes.
5. Working Knowledge of computer applications with special focus on word and spreadsheet applications.
6. Demonstrated understanding and application of process improvement skills and concepts.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- ED Technician Afternoons PT Job ID: 2205020536 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- ED Technician I Nights FT Job ID: 2205020538 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- ED Technician Rotating Shift FT Job ID: 2105049031 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet