Search Open Positions
Logistics Specialist Days FT
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision and according to department and DMC policies and procedures, assists in development of policies and procedures regarding point of service systems, including cleaning and servicing of and providing occasional in service and/or updates to users on units.
- Maintains user files and item files in the point of service system.
- Recommends changes in point of service system to alleviate problems and promote efficient supply and distribution operations.
- Compiles and distributes quality assurance and continuous improvement reports to Clinical Managers and Operations Officers at sites.
- As part of value analysis, reports are reviewed for quantities used, new requests and incorrect cost and charges.
- Maintains appropriate supply levels to service DMC departments with materials on a continual and as-needed basis. Plans and executes unit move in relation to moving the units point of service system.
- Changes, adds and deletes par items and user identifications in point of service system. Analyzes excess and/or supply shortages and negotiates with customers to modify supply discrepancies.
- Participates on Medical Value Analysis Team with Clinical Managers and other purchasing and logistics personnel. In conjunction with Contract Administrators and various hospital departments evaluates types and levels of supplies maintained on units.
- Serves as a liaison between end users and persons responsible for filling supply carts.
1. High School diploma. Associate degree in business administration or related field desired.
2. Two to three years of progressively more responsible experience in materials management, point of service, stocking and computer systems.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Medical Photographer Days Contingent Job ID: 2305000327-2 Date posted: 03/30/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Charge Capture Representative Days FT Job ID: 2305000594-1 Date posted: 03/30/2023 Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Administrative Supervisor Patient Services Nights FT Job ID: 2305000310-2 Date posted: 02/01/2023 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet