Manager, Labor Relations (Detroit)
- Job ID 1905041295
- Date posted 10/17/2019
- Facility Corporate
- Reports to Director - Labor Relations
- Responsible for working directly with hospitals on labor relations matters
- Responsible for supporting the hospitals in all aspects of the grievance/arbitration process, including handling arbitrations or supporting outside counsel in arbitrations, as appropriate.
- Consults with administrative teams in conjunction with the Director and Senior Director regarding collective bargaining, contract compliance, and other labor-related issues.
- Conducts manager training related to contracts
- Assists hospitals in implementing Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Research and communicate emerging trends in health care labor relations
- Track and maintain labor data as required
- Deliver Labor Relations training to facilities as needed
- Establish working relationships with local labor union leaders
- Support and/or take lead as appropriate in impact and other facility-specific negotiations
- Assist with department projects as needed
- Support union organizing campaigns as needed
Up to 25% travel - We will run a MVR on the final candidate.
- Bachelor s degree required
- 5-8 years of related experience at a company with union represented employees, preferably in acute healthcare
- Experience managing grievance arbitration process
- Experience with union campaigns
- Experience with union negotiations
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of labor and employment laws and labor relations
- Possess research, analytical, organization, and computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to work independently as well as having strong interpersonal, organization, written and communication skills
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.