Manager, Labor Relations (Detroit)
- Job ID 2105011671
- Date posted 04/02/2021
- Facility Corporate
The Labor Relations Manager serves as a leader for all labor relations matters at all DMC Tenet affiliated hospitals in Michigan. This role will work closely with human resources and operations leadership at the facilities to help drive strategy and advise on a broad range of labor relations matters, including collective bargaining, the interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements, and compliance with labor laws. The Labor Relations Manager will have the opportunity to grow into a broader role within the company and to assist with labor relations matters across the United States.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Advise and counsel hospitals, market, and corporate office on labor relations matters
- Manage collective bargaining negotiations and contract compliance at multiple facilities with a number of labor unions
- Support market hospitals in all aspects of the grievance/arbitration process, including grievance hearings and drafting grievance answers, handling arbitrations or managing outside counsel in arbitrations, as appropriate.
- Manage preparation for, and the response to strikes and picketing, as well as other work actions by labor unions
- Lead hospital management teams in positive employee relations activities to develop and grow a positive employee culture and positive relationships between leaders and employees
- Manage the response to union organizing when needed
- Up to 10% travel - We will run a MVR on the final candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD preferred
- 5-8 years of related experience at a company with union represented employees, preferably in acute healthcare
- Experience managing outside counsel and consultants
- Experience managing grievance arbitration process
- Experience with union campaigns
- Experience with union negotiations
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of labor and employment laws and labor relations
- Possess research, analytical, organization, and computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to work independently as well as having strong interpersonal, organization, written and communication skills
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.