Search Open Positions
Manager Pediatric Perioperative Operating Room
$5000 Sign On Bonus
Unit Specializes in: Operating Room Cases
On call Requirements
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Reporting to Nursing leadership for the hospital site, as assigned, and with/through subordinate personnel, assumes management responsibility for a single major (or multiple smaller) function, service or process that provides business support to Nursing operations.
• The position may also be used for managers responsible 24/7 for multiple (2 or more) similar/smaller Nursing units in the department of Nursing who may report to a Director, Administrative Director or Executive Director at the site.
• The position is medium in scope or impact with less than 50 FTE direct/indirect-reports on multiple Nursing units; or with responsibility for a single major Nursing operational support function; or with multiple Nursing operational support responsibilities that diversify the role and expand the impact on the organization at the site level.
• Direct-reports may include Clinical Managers and/or high-level professional/administrative exempt and Nursing supervisory personnel.
• The Manager Patient Services positions with patient care accountability, plan, implement and evaluate processes related to performance improvement, staffing effectiveness, fiscal management, staff competence and customer service outcomes within designated units/services and in collaboration with senior leadership and subordinate staff.
• Ensure that regulatory requirements/standards are communicated, implemented and monitored. Collaborate with other members of the healthcare team to plan, implement & evaluate activities related to department, hospital and DMC objectives.
• Model customer service excellence.
• The Manager Patient Services positions with responsibility for providing business support to Nursing operations, identify the need for departmental policy development and/or revision and define policy in collaboration with higher-level management input and department goals/objectives.
• Oversee the development and/or revision of departmental procedures/protocols; secure approvals, as necessary.
• Develop, monitor and revise processes. May provide input into the development and revision of departmental organizational design and/or monitor the quality and quantity of overall workflow. Initiate or recommend personnel actions such as hires, fires and disciplines for area(s) assigned.
• Complete performance appraisals.
• Develop and assess performance of daily, monthly and/or yearly goals and measures for assigned area(s).
• As requested, assist in long-range goal development for the department and assessment of goal attainment.
• Assist in developing and monitoring budget for designated single or multiple, closely-related fields, areas or processes.
COMPLIANCE STATEMENT: Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations. Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations JCAHO requirements, and DMC policies and procedures.
1. Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) required. Master's degree preferred. If Masters prepared, either bachelors or masters must be in Nursing.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
3. Three years of progressive Nursing experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN OR Days FT $10,000 Sign on Job ID: 2205037760 Date posted: 11/29/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- RN OR Days FT $10,000 Sign on Job ID: 2205036927 Date posted: 11/29/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- RN OR Days FT $10,000 Sign on Job ID: 2205037892 Date posted: 11/29/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet