Maternity RN- COMMERCE TWP- PT Nights (P)
- Job ID 1905036930
- Date posted 09/20/2019
- Facility DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Supervises, including assignment and evaluation of subordinate team members, and provides patient care on a daily basis.
- Participates in the employment process related to peers and subordinate team members; addresses employee problems, complaints, disputes or requests as the first level of supervision; evaluates their performance post hire; and is authorized to issue work improvement plans to subordinates.
- Utilizes various strategies to assess patient, family, employee and environment of care strengths and weaknesses to determine appropriate action plan(s).*
- Develops a detailed plan of care, which includes patient / family education, based on initial and on-going assessment findings to optimize patient outcomes.*
- Communicates with patients, families, subordinate staff and peers to ensure that plans and associated interventions are understood, operationalized and revised, as appropriate.*
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to ensure that the plan of care is carried out and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriate utilization of human, material and financial resources.*
- Evaluates the effectiveness of plans and interventions to promote optimum achievement of established goals.*
- Collaborates formally and informally with other members of the healthcare team, including facility and DMC representatives, to identify opportunities for improvement and develop strategies for enhancing clinical practice.*
- Establishes relationships with professionals in other healthcare and community organizations to develop strong partnerships that support improved patient outcomes and the health of the community served.*
- Provides supervision, including guidance, counseling, teaching and mentoring, to targeted peers and subordinates to enhance learning experiences and improve the professional practice environment within the designated work setting.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
- 1-3 years Labor and Delivery experience preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.