Search Open Positions
Medical Office Assistant Days FT Sign on Bonus available
**$2,500 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michigan’s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the state’s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroit’s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
Under general supervision, provides a wide variety of routine and specialized payroll related clerical functions. Processes and maintains payroll records for automated payroll systems for multiple operating units within the Detroit Medical Center. Prepares and processes specialized payroll calculations such as garnishments, as well as maintaining components of the payroll system such as leave of absence payments and so forth.
1. Assists in processing payrolls for all hourly & salaried employees for multiple operating units within the Detroit Medical Center.
2. Processes payroll by summarizing payroll hours from department timesheets, applying appropriate policy, calculating alternative scheduling contracts and special differentials, reviewing and validating timesheets, and distributing paychecks.
3. Conducts "file maintenance" on employee payroll and benefit records by inputting changes or uploading files (i.e. pay changes, terminations, leave of absence, additions, deductions, flexible benefits, etc.) into payroll system for processing.
4. Process specialized payroll calculations such as shared employment scheduling, special payments, retro pay adjustments, etc. Monitors employees on a LOA to ensure coding of timecards is completed and accurate processing of payroll.
5. Performs manual related payroll activities such as researching and analyzing employee data for satisfying court orders, wage verifications, unemployment, workers compensation, pensions, etc. for multiple Detroit Medical Center operating units.
6. Prepares and process manual checks for vacation, retro payments and pay adjustments. Assists with communicating tax changes to current and incoming Residents.
7. Reviews payroll results weekly and identifies and communicates inaccuracies. Takes appropriate actions to correct overpayments/shortages by processing submitted adjustments. Maintains regular contact with DMC operating units in order to resolve payroll problems.
8. Maintains regular contact with DMC operating units in order to resolve payroll problems.
9. Ability to obtain information and explain payroll policies and procedures.
10. Generates reports from various system applications and reporting writing tools.
11. Promotes guest relations & provides customer service in a courteous and timely manner. Treats others with care and respect while maintaining privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
12. As needed, recommends new and innovative approaches to ensure the highest efficiency of tasks. Makes effective and objective decisions regarding task priorities and other situations where multiple factors must be considered and weighed in order to maximize performance, accuracy, productivity, and results.
13. Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing ...OR...
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. PCA/PCT Program
b. Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. Medical Assistant Program, or six months of experience in a doctor's office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties.
d. EMT program.
e. Phlebotomy training program. Six months direct patient care experience, preferred.
4. One year of previous experience performing Medical Assistant or Patient Care Associate duties.
5. One year of previous experience performing medical office clerical (e.g. insurance verification, authorizations, medical billing, EMR usage) duties in a doctor's office or related area.
6. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
1. Analytical ability necessary to handle patient problems, review and verify insurance information, research billing problems and compile data for statistical reports.
2. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, physicians and other personnel.
3. Some mental/visual strain due to posting of payments, reviewing insurance information, etc.
4. Technical knowledge of blood pressure techniques.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Medical Technologist Days FT Job ID: 2205008888-13 Date posted: 05/12/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Surgical Technologist First Assistant Job ID: 2205017078-11 Date posted: 05/11/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Medical Office Assistant Days FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2205037440-5 Date posted: 02/15/2023 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet