Search Open Positions
Medical Technologist Afternoons PT
**$6,500 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC University Laboratories (DMCUL) is a regional, integrated laboratory system providing services to the eight hospitals of Detroit Medical Center. DMC University Laboratories evolved in 1993 and is comprised of Core Laboratories, Specialty Laboratories, two rapid response hospital laboratories, Centralized Stat Lab, Centralized Blood Bank Lab, and full service outreach infrastructure which includes patient service centers, remote ambulatory laboratories, marketing staff, courier system and billing department. The DMC University Laboratories service area covers the entire Southeast Michiganmarket, and is growing at a rapid pace with the following outstanding features: Test menu of over 1,000 tests, which includes high end specialty tests. Less than 1% of our tests are sent to outside reference laboratories. Provide reference laboratory services to many of the other healthcare systems in Southeastern Michigan and several out of state facilities.
Under general supervision, performs quantitative and qualitative laboratory test on patient specimens according to standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
• Analyzes test results and prepares samples for testing.
• Calculates test findings and maintains records.
• Prepares and determines validity of solutions, reagents, media stains and various materials in the testing process.
Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment; acts as resource to other laboratory personnel.
• Bachelor's Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491).
• Prefer 6 months to 1 year medical laboratory technologist, clinical laboratory scientist experience in acute care facility.
• Required: Registered or registry eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire). Equivalency evaluation by ECE ,NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel must be completed within 30 days of hire. Licensure, as required by State.
1. Analytical ability to interpret and analyze test results.
2. Interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with all areas of physician office.
3. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate various types of laboratory equipment.
4. Visual acuity to closely examine specimens.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN Neuro Brain Injury Days FT Job ID: 2205004388 Date posted: 04/21/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Respiratory Student Extern Days Contingent Job ID: 2205006065 Date posted: 06/23/2022 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- Clinical Social Worker Days FT Job ID: 2205023055 Date posted: 06/23/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet