Medical Technologist I Microbiology FT Midnights $10K Sign-on bonus
- Job ID 1905023616
- Date posted 07/11/2019
- Facility DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Under general supervision, performs quantitative and qualitative laboratory test on patient specimens according to standard laboratory formulas and procedures. Analyzes test results and prepares samples for testing. Calculates test findings and maintains records. Prepares and determines validity of solutions, reagents, media stains and various materials in the testing process.
Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment; acts as resource to other laboratory personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491).
- Prefer 6 months to 1 year medical laboratory technologist, clinical laboratory scientist experience in acute care facility.
- Required: Registered or registry eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire). Equivalency evaluation by ECE ,NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel must be completed within 30 days of hire. Licensure, as required by State.
1. Analytical ability to interpret and analyze test results.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.