Search Open Positions
Medical Technologist I Troy Nights FT
Children’s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Offers $15K Sign On
Under general supervision, performs quantitative and qualitative laboratory test on patient specimens according to standard laboratory formulas and procedures. Analyzes test results and prepares samples for testing. Calculates test findings and maintains records. Prepares and determines validity of solutions, reagents, media stains and various materials in the testing process.
Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment; acts as resource to other laboratory personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491).
- Prefer 6 months to 1 year medical laboratory technologist, clinical laboratory scientist experience in acute care facility.
- Required: Registered or registry eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire). Equivalency evaluation by ECE ,NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel must be completed within 30 days of hire. Licensure, as required by State.
1. Analytical ability to interpret and analyze test results.
2. Interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with all areas of physician office.
3. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate various types of laboratory equipment.
4. Visual acuity to closely examine specimens.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Laboratory Assistant Microbiology Afternoons FT Job ID: 2105019693 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
- Laboratory Assistant Core Lab Afternoons FT Job ID: 2105000672 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
- Laboratory Assistant Core Lab Nights PT Job ID: 2105012587 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet