Search Open Positions
Mental Health Associate Rotating Shift Contingent
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse and in collaboration with other members of a multidisciplinary team, develops and provides treatment and care to mental health patients. Provides one to one interaction with patients requiring intense care. Facilitates group teaching and task oriented sessions, observes patients relative to suicidal or homicidal intent and for effects of medication, assists professional staff with restraint and seclusion treatment procedures and with physical exams, obtains vital signs, performs specimen collection and dressing changes. Monitors and documents, according to prescribed standards, patient observations which may include mental status, response to treatment interventions and intensity of services provided. Completes court petitions, accompanies patients to court and testifies to substantiate the need for court ordered treatment. Communicates status of court activity to professional staff. Utilizes knowledge of Michigan Mental Health Code to educate patients and their families about rights guaranteed by the code.
1. Two years of college study in behavioral health or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a mental health setting, and six months of related clinical experience working with mentally ill patients; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health discipline.
1. Analytical ability to assess current status of acutely ill patients and safety/security of milieu. Ability to anticipate and evaluate consequences, respond quickly and plan intervention for volatile situations.
2. High level of interpersonal and clinical skills necessary to facilitate didactic group sessions and to develop and maintain therapeutic relationships/skills with mentally ill patients, families and patient care providers.
3. Ability to read, understand and apply written description/documentation of behavioral observations and group processes.
4. Ability to perform routine clerical functions such as answering phones, and basic computer input and retrieval of information.
5. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and deal with stress associated with a mental health environment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Mental Health Tech Days FT Job ID: 2105036087 Date posted: 09/22/2021 Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
- RN LDRP FT Midnights Job ID: 2105020085 Date posted: 09/21/2021 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Pediatric Medical Office Assistant Neurosurgery Clinic Days FT Job ID: 2105022006 Date posted: 08/19/2021 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet