Search Open Positions
Occupational Therapist Days FT Sign on Bonus available
**$10,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nation’s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision, evaluates & treats patients using standard occupational therapy procedures.
- Evaluates patients motor and neurological capabilities and documents findings. Directs, plans, organizes, and executes occupational therapy programs for patients.
- Exercises professional judgment in selection of treatment media, consistent with attending physicians prescriptions. Implements programs designed to enhance motor, sensory, cognitive and interpersonal skills of the patient in order to promote patient independence and productivity.
- Works with attending physician in order to establish patient therapy goals that are consistent with physicians diagnosis.
- Prepares treatment plans consistent with therapy goals; provides group or individual therapy selecting from a variety of occupational therapy modalities.
- Documents patient treatments, initial evaluation, progress notes and discharge summaries in accordance with established departmental and service line policies and protocols.
- Attends interdisciplinary team conferences and various meetings to consult with other team members regarding patient treatment & program development
- Oversees, instructs and evaluates occupational therapy assistants, aids, students and / or volunteers as assigned. Co-signs notes written by occupational therapy assistants, aids or students.
- Maintains professional expertise through workshops, lectures, in-services, conferences, etc.
- Assists in the implementation of programs & services to foster interdisciplinary approach and a service line system of care.
- Promotes and adheres to the mission, vision and values of the DMC and the customer service behavior standards.
1. Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. One year of experience in a clinical setting preferred.
3. Current license to practice as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan.
4. Initial certification or eligibility for certification if candidate is a new graduate, with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Radiation Therapist Days PT Job ID: 2205014803-10 Date posted: 05/26/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Clinical PT Specialist Days FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2205030144-6 Date posted: 02/01/2023 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Day FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2105043799-15 Date posted: 05/02/2022 Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet