Search Open Positions
Occupational Therapist Rotating Shift Contingent
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision, evaluates & treats patients using standard occupational therapy procedures. Evaluates patients motor and neurological capabilities and documents findings. Directs, plans, organizes, and executes occupational therapy programs for patients.
- Exercises professional judgment in selection of treatment media, consistent with attending physicians prescriptions. Implements programs designed to enhance motor, sensory, cognitive and interpersonal skills of the patient in order to promote patient independence and productivity.
- Works with attending physician in order to establish patient therapy goals that are consistent with physicians diagnosis.
- Prepares treatment plans consistent with therapy goals; provides group or individual therapy selecting from a variety of occupational therapy modalities.
- Documents patient treatments, initial evaluation, progress notes and discharge summaries in accordance with established departmental and service line policies and protocols.
- Attends interdisciplinary team conferences and various meetings to consult with other team members regarding patient treatment & program development Oversees, instructs and evaluates occupational therapy assistants, aids, students and / or volunteers as assigned.
- Co-signs notes written by occupational therapy assistants, aids or students. Maintains professional expertise through workshops, lectures, in-services, conferences, etc.
- Assists in the implementation of programs & services to foster interdisciplinary approach and a service line system of care.
- Promotes and adheres to the mission, vision and values of the DMC and the customer service behavior standards.
1. Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. One year of experience in a clinical setting preferred.
3. Current license to practice as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan.
4. Initial certification or eligibility for certification if candidate is a new graduate, with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Respiratory Care Associate Days Contingent Job ID: 2205037497-5 Date posted: 10/31/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Respiratory Care Associate Days Contingent Job ID: 2205037496-5 Date posted: 10/31/2022 Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Occupational Therapist Days FT Sign on Bonus available Job ID: 2205037412-5 Date posted: 12/05/2022 Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet